Reflector design - thoughts and input.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whats is a POC LSD Film? I'm pretty sure if I take some LSD then that will diffuse the light alright. Plus I'll be able to hear the light and see the music :D

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
wasBlinded said:
Corona would be those photons that would be in the spot with a smooth parabolic reflector, but have moved somewhat outside that area due to reflector irregularities like orange peel, etc. Lux values in the corona slope off rapidly as you move from the spot until the spill area is reached, which is again an area of fairly even illumination.

This still doesn't make sense to me? Are you talking about a mathmatically perfect parabolic reflector with a point source. Because then the "spot" portion of the beam would be the diameter of the bezel and everything else corona. The reality is even smooth refelectors have irregularities, and a smooth reflector could also be purposely designed to give a smooth transition from spot to spill.

What would we do about the U2 (and many otherlights) that have a bit of a donut? Is the donut hole the "spot" and the ring part the "corona"?

I would call this area the "transition zone".