Remember my custom made battery packs?

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
I used to make lots of various battery packs, as it was hard to afford a battery strip spot wielder back in the day. Well there is a pretty cheap, and effective spot wielder I found and have used recently on Amazon for only $58 https://a.co/d/hCUpRNz

12-10-packs.jpg

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Kind of a sad story....when I was making these battery packs and needed the typical D or C cell end plates for positive and negative contacts, I used to strip them out of old alkaline batteries I had. Eventually I ran out and started looking for just the contact plates, and no one had them anywhere.

Finally, I came across a tool and die stamping company in Connecticut which made them for Duracel and Eveready until they got outsourced to China. Most of the USA tool and die companies went out of business, and if lucky, sold their presses to China. Well this one company still had a box of 5,000 each of the top and bottom end plates, and after I listened to his sadness at losing his company, he offered to ship both boxes to me for free.

It was a bittersweet gift from a disillusioned company owner, but I still have at least 4,800 of each D cell end plates. Life is funny.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to buy carbon zinc cells when I needed ends, i did not need a lot, and cells were pretty cheap in the store by me, was like a quarter a cell. they came apart very easy, and ends popped off clean