Replacement work light for Polystinger led

corbinace

Newly Enlightened
Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen, First time poster, long time reader. I am finally tired of sending in my light every six months to have the switch assy replaced. I am looking for recommendations for a good work light. I carry this light nine hours every work night and use it constantly but not continuously. My current light only occasionally gets used up by nights end. It is bright enough for my tasks (is there any thing as too bright though:). I am a Mechanic so I need it to stand on its end and point upward so no end cap switches. No larger than the Poly Stinger as it is already a bit snug for my coverall pocket. Rechargeable is optimum but batteries are free at work. How about the Surefire E2D?Thanks for the words of the wise.

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF!

I know what you mean about switch replacements on the Stinger Streamlights. That has prompted me to have at least two of them for years. If the Stinger meets your needs why not get a second one? The aluminum ones have a slightly smaller body diameter than the polystingers do so it would fit in your coverall pocket easier. Both would use the same chargers.

Regarding the E2D...it is a fine light that uses 2xCR123 batteries. When you say you get free batteries at work would these be included? Also not knowing the size of your pocket, would a smaller light disappear down inside your pocket making it harder to retrieve?
Additionally, do you want to stick to a light that recharges in the cradle or would you be open to a light with a removable battery to recharge?

Last edited:

corbinace

Newly Enlightened
Thank you NR for your reply. I actually reposted this query using the template because I did not see my post come up on the board. Regarding your questions. I do in fact have three of them. But, in the last 10 days I have had two fail and I have just had it with the failures. I go out from the shop quite a bit and the only saving grace is that the shop truck is also equipped with one so I am never really without illumination. The batteries readily available are only the ABC type with limited 123s. The old incandescent Poly stinger was a perfect size for the pocket but I think I can go as short as six inches without loosing it. I am considering the Fenix RC15 for the cradle wall charger and tail standing ability. It would not take the dropping abuse that the PolyStinger has suffered but I may be able to hold onto it if I know it will cost me $140 to drop it. I know I was more careful when I only had the incan Stingers, because I knew it would cost me 8 bucks for a new bulb.:eek: The Fenix also has a nice glass lens to avoid scratches. Enough rambling. Thanks for your insight and the welcome aboard.