Review: Kingpower K2 update:runtime graph 29/07/08

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Review: Kingpower K2 18/7/08 Updated with Beamshots and Pictures

Thanks Selfbuilt...:) i just hope my review can match up in terms of quality to all of yours..

kramer5150, noted....and will cover those points in the video...:)

Crenshaw

Marlite

Enlightened

Glad we cleared it up adamlau..:)

as for the youtube video, i asked kingpower precisely what they want to see in the youtube video, as i think all aspects of the light can be covered without a video, but is there anything you guys think can only be done in a video? thanks

Crenshaw

Good first review under pressure, Crenshaw, I think we don't really appreciate enough, the work that a review takes. We've been spoiled by Doug of Flashlight Reviews, Craig of LED Museum, Silver Fox, Selfbuilt, Stefan FS, Ernsanada, Unknown VT, Chao, Wade, for their great reviews each in their own inimitable style. The continuing output by everyone who has ever written a review for our collective knowledge and the many members who are trying their hand and I salute you all.

In my opinion You Tube is unnecessary for a good review as Doug never needed it.

Thanks for the nice effort,
marlite

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast

Good first review under pressure, Crenshaw, I think we don't really appreciate enough, the work that a review takes. We've been spoiled by Doug of Flashlight Reviews, Craig of LED Museum, Silver Fox, Selfbuilt, Stefan FS, Ernsanada, Unknown VT, Chao, Wade, for their great reviews each in their own inimitable style. The continuing output by everyone who has ever written a review for our collective knowledge and the many members who are trying their hand and I salute you all.

In my opinion You Tube is unnecessary for a good review as Doug never needed it.

Thanks for the nice effort,
marlite

thank you for the kind words :)

I think i will do a youtube video of some usage, although i doubt it will be overly informative.

anyway, my luxmeter came yesterday...was finally able to do the runtime graph. :)

graph is up! for high only though..

Crenshaw

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
'Crenshaw' what batteries did you use to make runtime graph? My K2 runs noticeably longer with Sanyo 2700.

file.php

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Crenshaw..... NICE REVIEW! I am really tempted to buy this light. (although in the last week I have bought a Raidfire Spear and Olight M20 so I kind of feel I should be good for a couple of days...) Thanks for showing its brightness next to the Fenix.

Does anyone have a runtime estimate with Energizer AA lithiums?

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
phantom23, i was using Powerex Imedion 2100mah NiMh. so, yes, its not suprising that yours lasted slightly longer.

TDKKP, i really dont see what a video would add to this review. Sure i could do one, but the UI is staight forward, and there really isnt anything else useful a video would do. If you want to request something specific in a video, please do.:)

woodrow, thank you! its really interesting, this light exceeds all my expectations as far as AA based lights go. Its really bright!

kramer5150, i dont own a firearm, and am not trained in its usage, so thats out..:grin2: but perhaps some anti roll stuff is in order. Ill see about getting to that. Also, exactly where to i put the leads of my MM to measure current draw, etc? i have ever figured that out. thanks!

Crenshaw

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast
When you removed the head, do you recall seeing or feeling something sticky like goo on the head and o-ring? Mine have it, is it to keep water out?

I would guess it's lube to make the removing/installing of the head easier and also to make a better seal for more water resistance. Mine didn't have any lube at all on the threads or o-ring.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
hmmm, yes there was lube on it, but i usually clean a re-lube all my lights, even new ones. yes i think its meant to lubricate the threads and at the same time to enhance the water resistance.

Crenshaw

dealgrabber2002

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks... got me worried when the goo was on the contact too... I cleaned it and it turns on. then I drop in in my sink for bout 1 mins...it's waterproof alright. very rugged light!