Review Ray D1 mini thrower

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
I have done a medium runtime now, I get 31 minutes. This is a surprising short time for 30% pwm and 55% brightness. The brightness was measured with fresh LiIon where high is considerable brighter at the start of the run, 70% is more correct when it reaches the flat part of the runtime.
Thanks HKJ ... sounds like there are relative efficiency issues on yours as well, at the "Med" setting. Still a lot better than the 14 mins I got on RCR. :whistle:

BMF

Enlightened
Any of you got problem when doing a factory default settings?

The manual said half-press five times quickly to reset but mine at the fourth is so dim I couldn't see it so I missed a lot of times to do a reset. To be sure I have to go to the bathroom with no lights on to reset.

HKJ

Flashaholic
Any of you got problem when doing a factory default settings?

The manual said half-press five times quickly to reset but mine at the fourth is so dim I couldn't see it so I missed a lot of times to do a reset. To be sure I have to go to the bathroom with no lights on to reset.

No, but I just half-press fast a lot of times, i.e. I might do a few extra presses.

Ilikeshinythings

Enlightened
Wow..sounds like an incredible light for its size and configuration. I might have to buy one to review and play with for a bit. I don't like complex user interfaces though..and that is the only thing deterring me. My favorite UI of any of my lights is my streamlight strion LED:

Half press for momentary, full press for on, full press held down and it ramps down from high to medium to low back to medium back to high, click twice from off to get to strobe. Turn off for more than a second and it starts back at high.

Otherwise one hell of a feat making lux like that out of such a small package!

rayn60

Newly Enlightened
Wow..sounds like an incredible light for its size and configuration. I might have to buy one to review and play with for a bit. I don't like complex user interfaces though..and that is the only thing deterring me. My favorite UI of any of my lights is my streamlight strion LED:

Otherwise one hell of a feat making lux like that out of such a small package!

Hi,
Thanks for your comments!
About the complex user interfaces,we don't know what you mean.If what you mean is the use,our flashlight adopts open interface,all of functions and modes can be set.What's more,you can only set one brightness.Full press the tail switch,the light is on.Full press the tail switch again,the light
is off.Very very simply,not more complex than any other flashlight in the world;).If what you mean is the set,our flashlight has memory function.After turned off,if turn on again when use,it will memory the mode before turned off.There are middle brightness,low brightness and high brightness in the default when left factory.The middle brightness can ensure enough brightness in most use condition and relatively longer runtime.The low brightness has the longest runtime,low consumption.The high brightness has perfect intensity,can be comparable to the big throw flashlight.There include almost all lighting requirement.If you are a pragmatist,don't like to set the light different or have no special lighting requirement,then don't need to do any set,can use directly. If have special lighting requirement,only need press lightly and quickly three times
after turned on,then enter the setting,after turned off,the setting is chose,also simply.:)The six modes and the functions of each mode both can be chose free to meet all users' need.

Maybe we post out of time,if any questions,please leave message on our website http://www.rayn60.com/ or email us at [email protected],
we will reply immediately.

Best Regards
Ray team

Ilikeshinythings

Enlightened
Hi,
Thanks for your comments!
About the complex user interfaces,we don't know what you mean.If what you mean is the use,our flashlight adopts open interface,all of functions and modes can be set.What's more,you can only set one brightness.Full press the tail switch,the light is on.Full press the tail switch again,the light
is off.Very very simply,not more complex than any other flashlight in the world;).If what you mean is the set,our flashlight has memory function.After turned off,if turn on again when use,it will memory the mode before turned off.There are middle brightness,low brightness and high brightness in the default when left factory.The middle brightness can ensure enough brightness in most use condition and relatively longer runtime.The low brightness has the longest runtime,low consumption.The high brightness has perfect intensity,can be comparable to the big throw flashlight.There include almost all lighting requirement.If you are a pragmatist,don't like to set the light different or have no special lighting requirement,then don't need to do any set,can use directly. If have special lighting requirement,only need press lightly and quickly three times
after turned on,then enter the setting,after turned off,the setting is chose,also simply.:)The six modes and the functions of each mode both can be chose free to meet all users' need.

Maybe we post out of time,if any questions,please leave message on our website http://www.rayn60.com/ or email us at [email protected],
we will reply immediately.

Best Regards
Ray team

Thank you for replying Ray Team.

fa__

Newly Enlightened
The more I use mine, the more I like it, and I really hope that a 18650 body will come out one day ;)

joshconsulting

Enlightened
Ray, where and when can we begin ordering D1s again? I'm really interested in one, that 20k lux out of a 1xCR123 is unbelievable!

Latest posts