Reylight Copper AAA Pineapple

Johnnyh

Enlightened
Noticed that too. 170 lumens for 40 minutes on 10440 claimed. Not an expert, is this realistic?

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks to me like a slightly modified Lumintop Worm host, with a new driver and LED. I expect it has PWM like the brass Tool

it will make people that like the thrunite Ti3 line, because of the firefly being so dim, and because it comes first. For my preferences the low is too low, and I would not be happy having to twist twice to get past it for most uses. Im just not an LMH fan

I don't get the point of LiIon in AAA size, it gives just 10 minute runtimes on high..

So far all the Pineapples have had PWM, so, I have no plans to be an early adopter of a light that won't ship til October, but thanks for pointing me to some pretty copper bodies..

36130691026_e74079a4fb_h.jpg

heres the brass AA one too:
35272108044_cfba578392_b.jpg

Johnnyh

Enlightened
Thanks Jon. I like the looks of it too. I have a couple of Worms and the raised portion on the head on this seems like an improvement. I think the 360 lumens/10 minutes high mode on the LiOn is the "wow" factor that will have its appeal to some (many?) but it seems like this would get pretty darn hot after a few minutes.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
seems like this would get pretty darn hot after a few minutes.
Yes
and fwiw, people also use 10440 in the copper Worm, Tool, and Maratac
Like the Pineapples, none of those lights have built in overheating protection, nor over discharge protection, either..

Johnnyh

Enlightened
I keep a copper tool or worm in my pants pocket all the time and find it more than adequate for most around the house uses, never felt the need for more juice. I might get this just to add to the copper collection but 10440 wont go in it.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep a copper tool or worm in my pants pocket
I also have those, what I carry most is a copper Maratac w Nichia

you may find this thread interesting regarding subtle differences between the drivers of those three.
Efficiency comparison Lumintop Copper Tool and Copper Worm

I look forward to learning more about the new Pineapple driver.

Lumintop makes a nice selection of copper AAA, Five options counting the Prometheus Beta