Ridgid vs Ryobi Spotlights

TFJ

Newly Enlightened
Hey Guys,

I have two of those old Walmart clearance Stanley HID spotlights from years ago. The batteries were about shot when I bought them years ago and are just dead now. I know I could replace the batteries, but I thought it would be a wiser investment to invest in a new light with better battery technology.

I have a ridgid 18V tool system so I was leaning towards the light cannon (lifetime warranty) . I also see Ryobi has a spotlight with more LED lights and a slightly higher lumens rating. Has anybody compared both? In only really use my light to "shine" for deer while walking my dog at night just to see what's around before & during hunting season. Any advise?

Thanks!
Scott

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello and welcome to CPF

Your post above has been approved, although it had many "formatting" codes that appeared broken (often caused when copy-pasting from a word processing program) , and I've fixed those for you in the OP

Cheers !

Hello and welcome to CPF

Your post above has been approved, although it had many "formatting" codes that appeared broken (often caused when copy-pasting from a word processing program) , and I've fixed those for you in the OP

Cheers !

Thank you!

HD had a battery deal and spotlight on sale for the Ryobi system so I ordered that online. Does anybody have practical experience with both lights? I watched some youtube reviews but lighting up trees in a 1/4 acre yard doesn't really tell me much.

I have Ryobi tools, and batteries, and they work fine. I have their lantern, but not any spot light.

I like the fact that the batteries can be used on any of their tools in the One+ category, so I stay with their line. If I had a set of Ridgid tools, I am sure that I would stay with their brand and get their lights. IMO having different light systems, drills, saws, etc defeats the purpose of multiple tools that use the same battery.