RIP Arc-aaa

CanadianGuy

Newly Enlightened
I still have my Arc AAA premium. Just sits in my toolbox. Has a lot of wear, but not much usage. Interested in buying it? :)

PS. I know I don't post often considering I've been a forum member since 2002. I don't even have a fancy collection, mostly due to having young kids.

Last edited:

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Everyone,

Thanks for all the suggestions and we'll wishes. It has been a long time since I was active here. I had completely forgotten about my mcgizmo Sapphire which has been put back into duty replacing the Arc. Did peak ever figure out the issues with the qtc? It worked OK on the super early first generation light I had, but I was never really sold .

archimedes

Flashaholic
Peak made progressive design changes and improvements with QTC ... some find these useful (like myself) , but the system has certain clear limitations. Definitely there are some here who are still not fans of QTC, though.

Glad you put your Sapphire into use :)

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
I truly love the Fenix E01 and hope you still get one smokelaw1. I'd love to hear your impressions of it against the Arc and the Sapphire!

donotgogentle

Newly Enlightened
My Arc-AAA-P is still hanging in there as my EDC keychain flashlight - they were built to last! If I had to replace it today, I think I would go with a Fenix LD02.

Dingle1911

Enlightened
I really like my lights with QTC. I find that I often don't need very much brightness and a QTC solves the mode spacing issue. I think you have to consider the QTC pill a wear item, even more so that an o-ring. I replace mine about every 18-24 months. The light is used a few times a week.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there an old and new version of the Fenix E01, with the old version being not quite as bright but with a longer runtime, or did i just dream this. ??John.

There are at least 2 versions. The original used LED lumens and quoted the runtimes as hours at near full power, plus hours of useable, but diminishing output. The newer one uses ANSI rated lumens and runtime, are noticeably brighter, but quote hours to 10% as per ANSI standards. As far as I could tell, there was no real world difference in runtime.

Simonbilodeau

Newly Enlightened
Well, after I don't even know how many years on my Keychain, my old Arc-aaa stopped working. It has survived countless attempts on its coveted edc role by smaller, bigger, brighter, flashier, cheaper, pricier a d prettier, but poop, man... That little fella just kept being the best at what it was. Damned shame Arc is gone now, as I would buy another in a heartbeat.

Now... On to a replacement. I want small (think original Aeon size or below). Durable as, well, as an Arc. One mode is fine, three maximum. The ONLY UI that is acceptable to me on a pocket edc like this is a l-m-h continual. No twist on twist off... Just twist more, get more light (like the original Aeon.... I would just get an Aeon if he hadn't ruined it with a clicky....still an awesome light, just not for Keychain duty).

Help guys! I've been really out of the CPF loop for a long time!

Sl1

I have one for sell if you wish

Latest posts