Rovyvon A3x and A9 Cu measurements

SKV89

Enlightened
Bought these from Illumn.com. I saw some pics and the tint looked very rosy but in real life it is not. The DUV is the same typical 219C positive DUV (above BBL). I'm also not a fan of the double click to turn on but I understand that is to prevent accidental activation when in the pocket.

Measurements taken at 2s measured with the Texas Ace Lumen Tube calibrated with Maukka lights and Sekonic C-800-U

Aurora A3xHighest343 lumens5191K0.0019 DUV94.2 CRI78.4 R972.2 R1288 Rf96 Rgincluded battery
Aurora A9 CuHighest343 lumens4932K0.0031 DUV92.9 CRI73.3 R965.0 R1287 Rf96 Rgincluded battery

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks for taking the time to share your measurements, very helpful.

I especially appreciate the DUV measurements.
I agree they are typical for 219c to be on the green tint side of the neutral tint line (above the BBL)

I dont mind, and am not surprised, that your real world test of max output is over 100 lumens less than mfg claims.. (their claim is 32% higher than your test, I trust your test)

about green tint from a 219c
when I am adapted to daylight, I do not notice the green tint. Sunlight has tint above the BBL too. I think people who dont notice green tint, are using the light when they are adapted to sunlight.

I also think that when people buy a light, it is hard to resist turning it on during the day (I know I cant). This can give confusing Tint perceptions. The person testing the light when they are sunlight adapted, will claim (truthfully), that they dont see the green tint.

In fact, my 219c, during the day, does "look" slightly pink (as long as I dont compare it to a 219b). Once I compare, the 219c looks greener. That is why I really appreciate your DUV measurements.. they eliminate opinions that lack a consistent frame of reference (white balace).

Last edited:

SKV89

Enlightened
The only flashlight brands that I consistently test at or higher than the rated specs is Olight and Fenix. Emisar is usually pretty spot on too but it is not always consistent. I think Nitecore was fairly accurate too but my sample size is too small. Everything else including Acebeam, Zebralight, Thrunite, Imalent, etc. test lower than rated.

Tint like CCT is relative to what your eyes are adapted to. I agree that DUV is the best way to be certain what you are getting and is the most important parameter I look for.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aurora A9 Cu 0.0031 DUV

great DUV info!

It made me ask myself what the DUV of 5500k daylight is
if I did the math right, the DUV of 5500k daylight is 0.0033

that suggests to me, that the Aurora A9 you tested would look greenish tinted when I am adapted to incandescent light.

otoh, when I am adapted to daylight, the tint of the A9 is a close match to daylight, and the green tint might not be noticeable.