Run KL4 on 2xRCR123??

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Using w binned Lux V's we used to make space needle clones and ran them direct (sometimes with a resistor) with 3 cr123a's in a mag host this setup ROCKS.
The lux V can be over driven with good results. While not necessary with the kl4 this was a winning setup with the space needle at the time I am pretty sure it was the brightest led flashlight mod going.

I have found the KL4 to be pretty tolerant. I have 4 maybe 5 of them and have used them in all sorts of configurations including the not recommended 2 rcr123 setup. there is no point to that set up since the doesn't have any real advantages and can have a negative impact on the life of the kl4 unit.
As I said above the single cell configuration is my favorite.
Keep in mind not all kl4's will run in this mode. Some just won't.. They do work fine when run with 6 volts applied.
The kl4 is a great head just like it is. Often they are unique (just try to make a matched pair)
The L4 flashlight is fantastic. Highly recomended if you want a wide PERFECT beam and a 2 cell light.

Yaesumofo

S in;2304323 said:
From everything I ever read, the KL4 circuit is only boost, no buck. So when you use two 3.7 li-ions you will be running the LuxV in direct drive. Depending on the vf of the Luv it may run for a while before you ever notice any problem from overdriving and in other cases, it may burn out on you in a hurry. Do this at your own risk. Remember Luxus are rated for much shorter lives than Xiii's to start with.

Illum

Flashaholic
From everything I ever read, the KL4 circuit is only boost, no buck. So when you use two 3.7 li-ions you will be running the LuxV in direct drive.

mmmm
the odd thing here is no significant output difference running 2xcr123A and 1x17670 by eye [its awesome to have two L4s :grin2:]

Latest posts