S-F UB3T gains a sibling - M3LT-S!

Stainz

Enlightened
I found my Invictus, s/n B02832, early this past fall marked $500 and freshly placed on a half-off table at a local store. I also noted the $380 M3LT-S, s/n #A05362, there as well. Both have the larger/older Fresnel lens and their original cells are dated 10-2021 - and both were unopened. It was a tough decision - but the Invictus came home with me. I related my decision-making woes to my wife as we drove home. She secretly called the salesman when we got home and had him hold it for her. I was shocked this AM to find it under the tree. She is a keeper... so is the M3LT-S!! What a great Christmas. I hope everyone else fared as well.

Stainz

Stainz

Enlightened
Thank you... I don't plan on letting her go. She encouraged me to buy a Fenix PD-35 shortly after buying the Invictus. That store had them on sale then for $70 - the Surefire clearance table was gone by then, so I assumed 'my' M3LT-S was gone as well. A welcome shock.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Off topic, but you're not "stainz" on curvefever2 are you?

Either way congrats on the new melts.

Stainz

Enlightened
No... never heard of 'curvefever2' - until I looked it up on the web now... looks like a dizzying game! I am 'Stainz' on firearm & knife forums, as well as here. The 'Stainz' is an Austrian meter-gauge 0-4-0 steam engine which was used by LGB as their symbol for their 1:20.3 'G' scale model trains. I use my name on those forums.

Back on topic! I love the throw on those 3-cell Surefires - clearly twice the distance of any of my other flashlights.

Why am I beset by typing errors only on this forum? Sporadic dropped spaces and letters causing me to constantly go back and correct. I'll retype the last three sentences to illustrate.

Why am I beset by typing errs nylon tis forum? Sporaic dropped spaces an leers causing e toconsaty gobak and orrect. I'll retype te ast three sentenes to lustate.

ggravatig! Aggravating!

Stainz