• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired ***SALES THREAD UP IN MP FOR NOW***FEELER: I'll Cerakote YOUR host

Status
Not open for further replies.

jslappa

Enlightened
Re: FEELER: I'll Cerakote YOUR host

I'm definitely in for a few hosts. While it might not be very popular, if he is willing I'm definitely interested in some digital camo. I've actually been shopping around to get this added to one of my XD's. Would you mind sending me a PM with the shop name so I can talk to him about getting a quote and more info?

Mmmm, an XD and a matching Knife and torch would be nice. Might as well do the mags and Kydex holster while you're at it:D

PM sent

lisantica

Flashlight Enthusiast

I bought a Cerakoted EX10 from jslappa and I've been carrying it as my EDC for almost 3 weeks now and it is not showing any signs of use. I check it daily and for a while I thought of not messing up the "pink queen", but I am feeling confident so far that this coating is some good stuff. :twothumbs Wish I had a longer time frame to report, but I haven't had it long.

Here's "pinky"
4484610881_99627b6b56_o.jpg

I put the reflective 3M tape on it.

Last edited:

jslappa

Enlightened

Wow, that Ti bezel looks good! They've got the "Sgt" in their possession Lisa. He is shooting for 2 to 4 weeks. Hopefully closer to 2, with only 8 hosts in this batch.

John

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast

I wouldn't mind having a Cerakoted flashlight and $35 for a 6P/9P sized flashlight sounds reasonable to me. Count me in for at least one.

I get sidetracked very easily and am sometimes forgetful, when you get this going, please shoot me a PM. Thanks!

Last edited:

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast

Cerakoted HDS......:thinking:

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply jslappa. This may seem odd but I am looking for yellow to match my motorcycle. Can anyone point me in the right direction here? My bike is a close match to a SF G2 YEL but 1. I prefer clicky tailcap. 2. Would like aluminum for better heat transfer.

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast

I know you specified "hosts", but could you do a head? I have a Surefire E1B head that has been modded by Milkyspit - I'd like to have it coated in the titanium color...if the answer is "yes", then count me in!

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast

I know you specified "hosts", but could you do a head? I have a Surefire E1B head that has been modded by Milkyspit - I'd like to have it coated in the titanium color...if the answer is "yes", then count me in!

If I understood right, everything that can be completely disassembled can be done. Nitecore PD lights are excellent, there's no thread locker anywhere and even I can disassemble them. The complete bodies get coated.

I would have much more ideas, but unfortunately, most heads are sealed or it is difficult for someone without the skills and/or the necessary tools to get everything out. My Quarks would be happy to get a coating, but even if I manage to break the thread locker to take the head apart, I can't get the light engine out. The MiNis are completely sealed... :sigh:

I see no difficulties for your modded head, Iguess you can empty it, as it is modded, I wouldn't dare to touch my stock E1B (great little light btw)...

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm in.... but the dilemma is which lights..... :thinking:

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast

If I understood right, everything that can be completely disassembled can be done. Nitecore PD lights are excellent, there's no thread locker anywhere and even I can disassemble them. The complete bodies get coated.

I would have much more ideas, but unfortunately, most heads are sealed or it is difficult for someone without the skills and/or the necessary tools to get everything out. My Quarks would be happy to get a coating, but even if I manage to break the thread locker to take the head apart, I can't get the light engine out. The MiNis are completely sealed... :sigh:

I see no difficulties for your modded head, Iguess you can empty it, as it is modded, I wouldn't dare to touch my stock E1B (great little light btw)...

Thanks, Henk_Lu! Yes, since it is modded into a "Creemator", the threads are unsealed and the head can be taken apart - so I supposed it would just be a matter of removing the light engine (as long as Milky didn't seal it in there...)

And I agree - the E1B is a great light - you ought to see it after it has been modded by Scott!

:thumbsup:

compasillo

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've got an EX10 cerakoted and it's excellent looking, so I'm in this feeler.

Planning to coat some of my D10 as the bare bodies can be easily taken apart.
I may try some of my Maratacs also but don't want to sacrifice any of them...

Time to think about and have a look on my collection :thinking:.

chrisWELD

Newly Enlightened

How's the Cerakote when applied to bare aluminum? Thinking about getting my Mac's Customs SST-50 EDC done.

Ditto on a raw Mac's SST-50 EDC!

Would we be able to supply the light as is and get it back fully rebuilt?

I'm also now considering buying another ramping D10 from HK via the Bay, so that I can get it done. ...but that's not likely to be for another month. I'd have it shipped straight to you.

Many thanks,

Chris

Last edited:

jslappa

Enlightened

He will absolutely coat just a head

ChrisWELD,
I do have a tool for the 6P, but if something is threadlocked, I wouldn't be able to guarantee I could remove it. I wouldn't want to damage someone's favorite light.

Last edited:

donn_

Flashaholic

I'll be in for at least a couple of FM D36 1x26650 hosts, and can probably dig up a few other items as well.

Let me know.

email.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.