• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired ***SALES THREAD UP IN MP FOR NOW***FEELER: I'll Cerakote YOUR host

Status
Not open for further replies.

jslappa

Enlightened
Re: FEELER: I'll Cerakote YOUR host

Update here.

Still waiting on a laundry list of questions to be answered by the shop. I expect Mon or Tues for that, and I'll post here. One major question is the price for 3-color digital camo on a light the size of a 6p. That should cover a great number of lights we all love to carry every day. If our light can fit inside the sillouette of a 6p, the price should be the same for STD Cerakote and 3-color camo.

The other big question I have posed to the shop is how to get the fastest turn-around on the jobs I send. He had pnemonia during my first run, and it took 7 weeks to get my hosts back. Small parts like these hosts should theoretically be 2 to 4 weeks from the time he adds the job to the schedule. I'll need to know if one large order a week is best for him, or if 5 lights per job will yield the fastest return time. I don't want my friends (you folks) having any surprises.

With that said, when I start the sales thread, I will absolutely not want any payments until I have your lights in my possession. Return shipping will be built into the first light. I will also be shipping Priority with DC to all US destinations. That's $6 added to the first light. You can cram as many lights and parts as you want into a flat rate box and the cost is still $6. As it should be right? If your gear needs a larger flat rate box, you'll pay that cost. So, for example, you send me 8 d10's. The first light will be $36, but each of the other 7 will only be $30, because the shipping costs are built into the first light price. Stay tuned.

Lisa and Henk_Lu, your lights are on the production schedule.

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ooooh, Digital Camo sounds cool! Hopefully it won't cost an arm and a leg. I've always wanted a Digital Camo flashlight ever since I saw it on a Maglite.

jslappa

Enlightened

I don't have all my answers just yet. With my wife's surgery today and my Visual Basic final exam tonight, I won't get back to the office until tomorrow. I sure hope I have all my answers this weekend. I'd like to kick off the sales thread Monday.

John

compasillo

Flashlight Enthusiast

Don't get stressed.

Cerakoted can wait...

Wish the best

Agile54

Newly Enlightened

Compasillo nailed it for me also. Family, job, school come first just, update us when time permits.

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sorry, I didn't realize the gravity of situation (I tend to skim through threads). So I was simply trying to help keep interest in this thread.

nick-nack

Newly Enlightened

I'm interested in getting my Nitecore Extreme done in some kind of coyote brown?
Would this be possible - I'm not very tech savvy so I'm not sure what exactly is required.

But make sure you're sorted before you worry about anything else. Family always comes first.

jslappa

Enlightened

Thanks eveyone for the well wishes. She has a couple weeks of recovery, but is doing well. I showed my wife what my "silly flashlite friends" were saying about her and she felt humbled. I don't think she will be teasing me anymore about my addiction.(just don't tell her about my Jhanko's!) The teasing would quickly turn to long conversations of concern and a possible intervention!!

Nick-Nack...I've actually never handled an Extreme, but you would need to strip the light of it's innards. If you can remove the lens, light engine and guts from the tail, it could certainly be coated. Because heat curing is involved, any rubber clicky boot would melt, so there is no way to just tape it off prior to coating. Hope that helps. I can't guarantee that I would be able to field strip that light because I haven't touched one. That's he main reason I'm asking that everyone strip their light down and send me just the host.

jslappa

Enlightened
Just a note to say that the sales thread is up and running. However, I accidently posted it in the Market Place, and I have a request in for a mod to move it here. Thanks for waiting everyone.

DM51

Flashaholic
We can't move threads from the MP to here. They are separate forums. Go ahead and re-post it here, then we'll close it there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts