• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Sell - White, Yellow, Orange, Red - other colors available - second run

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Feeler - White Maglite, update

Pila_Power said:
Hi Wil, just a pointer,

we get stuff p/coated a lot and get screen printing done over the top of it later on. It does rub/flake off very easily unless you bake it again for 10 mins at about 100 degrees celcius (not sure f/ht equiv) which bonds the paint to the p/coat.

Cheers,

Tim.

The reading I did suggested that regular paint, ink would come off easily. There most likely is a way - like you suggested - that would work. This is really beyond the scope of what I have offered here. I didn't want some one getting a powder coated light and spending additional money to have a logo imprinted on it , only to have it chip off rather quickly.

I tried, unsuccessfully, to put a second coat on one of my experiments. I can get it to stick if I heat it, but spraying did not work.

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Feeler - White Maglite, update

Jumpmaster said:
Have you tried that before? I thought I'd read that you cannot mix the powders to get other colors...it's cool if you've tried it and it worked -- I haven't tried it yet, so was just curious...

JM-99

I did a mix of white and red to get pink, actually it came out pink with red sprackles in it. which actully looks pretty neat.

I tried earlier to mix red and yellow - um - not so good, I'll buy the safety orange color, you are correct, the colors don't mix. the top part has more red in it, the bottom, more yellow, this was not sprayed, just mixed manually on a piece of aluminum foil , then baked, so it is lumpy..

Last edited:

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Sell - White Maglite, also yellow and orange

I am going to go ahead with this. I would like to have all requests with payments in by Friday June 9. I can do paypal, cash or money orders. I would like to order the lights I need no later than Saturday June 10.

thanks

will

If you live outside of the US- don't send any money yet - I will have to figure out what the additional postage will be for international

thanks to those who have responded so far - if anyone else is interested -

PLEASE let me know. . . . . .

Last edited:

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

I am involved with another group buy here in CPF. Just so you all know, I am the only one doing this. I will order the lights, disassemble them, rough up the anodize, powder coat them, bake the powder coat, re assemble them and send them on their way to the purchasers. I have done a bunch of the minis with no problems. I have one 4D mag, which I have taken completely apart and re assembled,

I put next Friday as the deadline for payment, If you can pay sooner - that would be great. I want to order the lights so I have them for the following week. Action lights has them in silver, that works out the best, I can purchase locally the lights in gray, which isn't that different from the silver.

If there are issues with the payment - please PM me..

thanks

Will

Last edited:

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

one other item -

Please include your CPF name in your paypal payment some where.

thanks

saves some guessing...

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

additional informaion ;

The Mags have a knurled barrel, the powder tends to fill this in, the knurling will still be there, just not as sharp.

I am setting an artifical limit of two per person right now- get the two (2), make sure you are satisifed with them. I will do more after the first two (2) are received.

Keep in mind, this is powder coat, not anodize, it is a tough finish, like any coating - it will chip if you drop it on concrete ( anodize will be damaged as well )

Please make sure you send in payments no later that this coming Friday (June 9). I have to order the lights and some additional powder.

Send me a PM with your request - I will send you my paypal information

thanks

Will

Last edited:

For those of you new to "powder coated", it is the kind of finish you often see on metal office furniture, diecast toys, etc.

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

Handlobraesing said:
For those of you new to "powder coated", it is the kind of finish you often see on metal office furniture, diecast toys, etc.

also -motorcycle frames, kitchenaid mixers, custom car frames, clear coating on some auto wheels.

Flic

Enlightened

Okay Will, you got me!
I'd like one MiniMag in white and one in yellow.
Please confirm cost with shipping to Canada.

Many thanks

F

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

getting near the end here - If you want one of these - please let me know.

thanks

will

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

I did discover something with the 2D Mags. The end cap has to be screwed in all the way, and the edge of the barrel and the mating part on end cap have to free of powder. I thought the electrical contact was the threaded part, it's not.

Will

Last edited:

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

I was able to get the lights at Lowes, they are all finished. I just returned from the post office, those that paid have all been sent. Please let me know when you receive them. I did check them all out with batteries to make sure they work, The 2D lights must have the tailpiece screwed on all the way.

If there are any problems please PM me.

thanks

Will

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have the lights coming in from action lights next week, I plan on doing another short run at that time..

If interested send me a PM and I will send the paypal information. please make sure you include what you want, type and color, also your CPF user name.

thanks again

Topper

Flashaholic*

Mine got here a few minutes ago safe and sound. I am pleased, it was very well done (not an exact match for my Safety Orange G10 handled knives but close enough).
Thanks
Topper :)

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

Topper said:
Mine got here a few minutes ago safe and sound. I am pleased, it was very well done (not an exact match for my Safety Orange G10 handled knives but close enough).
Thanks
Topper :)

There is probably a variation in the color Safety Orange from paint, to powder to plastic. I ordered safety orange powder. Unfortunately, I can't mix this to change the color tint or hue to match something. The power does not mix like regular liquid based paints do, it ends up with speckles in the color.

Glad you like it...

Will

Latest posts