September 2010: lights you bought this month

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonshadow

Enlightened
Haven't bought anything since June . . . :mecry:

Partly a result of being skint :broke:but also waiting for the next great thing . . .

There have been some near misses: after months of waiting for the Mealstrom, I'm just not convinced by the UI - I think I'm about done with twist-the-head-to-change-modes.

And the new Eagletacs look nice, but again with the head twist and the general mode is a little too bright - oh, and the switch-on delay reported by some is a bit off-putting.

LX2 looks good, but they are all out of stock in the UK. And I'd really like a Kroma, but it's THREE HUNDRED QUID :eek: :eek: :eek:

Any suggestions on how to cheer myself up in the meantime . . . ?

dupper

Newly Enlightened
Romisen RC-N3 II Cree Q5 from Shiningbeam.

5*Cree R2 5-Mode 1200-Lumen Drop-in LED Module from DX for my 3D Mag.

njet212

Enlightened
I got D10 Original version from MP and Nitecore D11 on Online store but still on they to Indonesia :popcorn:

utlgoa

Enlightened
Led Lenser has seen the "Light" and has finally introduced a line of regulated (The M Series) lights. I purchased the M7R which has its own magnetic recharging system, and is powered by a 18650 battery. Settings include Low, Medium, High, and Strobe. User can choose between regulated or unregulated battery usage.

Here is some info on what the company is calling "Smart Light Technology".....

Intelligent Light
The LED LENSER® M7 combines comfort and dynamic. It is equipped with light intelligence managed by programmable microcontrollers. These microcontrollers are the M in the name of the lamp, and they are the core piece of Smart Light Technology (SLT). Smart Light Technology is an electronic light control system that provides several light programs (Professional, Easy, Defense) and different light functions (Morse, Boost, Power, Low Power, Dim, Blink, SOS, Defense Strobe). The M7 also features stageless dimming. The selection of functions is intuitive and carried out by using only one push-button. SLT not only controls the light programs, but also the manner of discharge of the lamp. There's a choice between steadily decreasing or constant current drain and brightness. And for the first time, the continuously adjustable Advanced Focus System can be locked – thanks to our new Fast-Lock-mechanism.

Led Lenser has stepped it up a notch (again).

Last edited:

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quark neutral-white head (3-9V, regular) + quark regular tailcap. My last flashlight buy was probably a year ago.

ARA

Enlightened
Got a Quark Mini 123 Ti and a Novatac SPL-120AWLK :sssh:

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was doing okay then bought a Leef/P1D combo on the BST. Went over to the MP and heard about the 4Sevens Garage sale...which I was a little too late :ohgeez: I still managed to snag a Nitecore D10. :thumbsup:

Tally-ho

Banned
After trying to order several D26 modules from Nailbender that deliberately ignored my messages, i decided today that it was time to definitely make my mind for the present i'm going to make to myself for my birthday...which is today. :party:
My present is going to be an HDS Ra Clicky High CRI...
kokia.gif

Last edited:

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
Utlgoa that reads like an advertisement, but still, congratulations on your new light!

Myself, I have orders placed for:

- Nailbender SST-50 5700k drop-in
- HDS EDC Clicky 170T
- Fenix TK20
- Fenix LD40 (pre-order)

And it's getting close to October 31st, so of course I placed an order for:

- 70x DealExtreme squeeze keychain lights (in 7 colors) to hand out to the kids along with the candy on Halloween. Could be some future flashaholics, you never know. :)

Edit:

Oops, forgot that it's been a bad month for me:
- Koala's Onion Ring for my A2, complete with 7 different colors of LED's

Last edited:

boulder

Newly Enlightened
Odered a Maelstrom G5 from GoingGear the other day. It should be here tomorrow or Friday!!!

Harry999

Enlightened
I have today ordered a Quark AA for the low moonlight mode from a UK supplier. I've ordered the 2xAA body directly from 4Sevens. I also ordered 2 more pak-lites - one with a red LED and the other with the Red flashing LED.

shado

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm starting out pretty good this month,

McGizmo McLux III T
McGizmo XR-27 C
McGizmo S-27 PD
McGizmo Ti "C" Pak x2

I like the McGizmo Titanium :party:

march.brown

Flashlight Enthusiast
2D Maglite plus Showerhead dropin (warm tint) plus two 3AA to D convertors (so I can use six AA Eneloops) ... I might try to use two 18650's.

Total cost about £32. Great value.

If it is as good as my 2C with showerhead and two 18500 Li-Ions , I will be delighted ... The 2D is much bigger than the 2C though ... Not certain whether this is a good thing or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.