Shipping times from DX?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a simple solution to the patience-testing: make sure no more than two weeks pass from an order to the next. This way no matter how long they take, once stuff starts arriving you'll get new toys every two weeks :p

roymail

Enlightened
I ordered in November and waited until they sent me an email saying that my ordered was delayed due to some problem. They gave the option to cancel my order, so I canceled. They did credit my PayPal account the next day and sent another email notice. I doubt that I'll be ordering from them again.

A recent order from Lighthound got to me in 3 days. I've also heard that Fenix has good shipping, too. :thumbsup:

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast
I put in an order on 11-25-07.

They had it in the mail on the 26th and it left HK on the 30th.

I got it in the mail on Tuesday the 4th, 9 days total time from order.

Standard free shipping.

I think it speeds along if they have things in stock and don't need to get from their suppliers. Also I am in NYC so I get overseas packages fast, maybe 2-3 days sooner than those far from a port of entry.
I have had similar delivery times in the past.

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a simple solution to the patience-testing: make sure no more than two weeks pass from an order to the next. This way no matter how long they take, once stuff starts arriving you'll get new toys every two weeks :p

This is the best advice on dealing with DX! :laughing:

roymail

Enlightened
I put in an order on 11-25-07.

They had it in the mail on the 26th and it left HK on the 30th.

I got it in the mail on Tuesday the 4th, 9 days total time from order.

Standard free shipping.

I think it speeds along if they have things in stock and don't need to get from their suppliers. Also I am in NYC so I get overseas packages fast, maybe 2-3 days sooner than those far from a port of entry.
I have had similar delivery times in the past.

nein166, I'm glad things worked out so well for you. That's good to know.

Curious_character

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered a MX Power 3-cree on 11/30. I am in SE Michigan when do you think I can expect to get my order? maybe next week?
Orders from DX usually take about 3 weeks to get here on the West Coast from the time I place the order. The last order I made was sent in three shipments, the last one arriving something like two months after the order date.

c_c

dg

Newly Enlightened
7 days from HK to UK :thumbsup:

Only down side is that one item (the torch I really wanted) was not in stock so will arrive later.

Nils

Newly Enlightened
It's a shame I haven't registered with this forum long ago. You guys let me know that I am not the only flashaholic out there. (Been born like that, ask my mom ;) )
No intend to steal this thread so: Hello everyone I'm glad to be here.

For the shipping times: Have one order
nov 26th, shipped dec 1st -> not yet arrived from DX and
nov 25th, shipped dec 8th -> not yet arrived from KD

What made me wonder: Does the postman deliver those packages right to you in person or do they just stuff it in your mailbox? We had some problems here with stuff "dissapearing" from mailboxes so I am a little worried.

I am in Germany btw. so if someone could give me a clue it would be greatly appreciated.

(I still have my 4D Cell Duracell flashlight+lantern that I carried along when I was 5 (biggest I could get at that time :huh:))

Nils

Phaetos

Enlightened
Nils,

I think it really depends on how big your mailbox is and if the package will fit. One delivery they wouldn't put it in the box and left me a note to pick it up. The next time they stuffed a much larger envelope in the box and left it. So maybe it depends on the person delivering that day :shakehead

And a US warehouse for DX would be sweet. My order finally got a EMS tracking and it "despatched" Xiamen sorting center 12 hours ago. Should be anytime now.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
best way to function :naughty:
hopefully my stuff starts coming in soon..
as for people who have given up on dx, it just leaves more stock for us more patient flashaholics, so thanks :nana:

Crenshaw

Nils

Newly Enlightened
Ah, the postman just showed up :party:
That makes it:
Ordered: nov 26th -> shipped from HK dec 1st -> arrived in Germany dec 13th

I knew 13 has to be a lucky number (gf will arrive today, too :D)

It was sent as "Einschreiben" so they will need your signature and deliver it to you in person. A big PRO for me :)

MTE 5-mode R100 -> nice little light :grin2:

SpikeDad

Newly Enlightened
My orders (to Central PA) have been running from 2 to 4 weeks. So far, I've had to sign for every package (both Air and EMS). They all seem to end up in the USPS. That's a bit annoying but I'm guessing it due to Customs regulations.

I'm not ordering anything I need right away, that's for sure. But it's fun to order some small goodies from time to time. I've been pleased with a company that ships from HK. The only think I'd like to see improved is the tracking - I can never figure out how to find the status other than - "It's not in HK anymore".

(Oh, and why everyone has American sounding names :twothumbs)

wildstar87

Enlightened
Yeah I ordered a SSC P4 Star on 11/21, got the e-mail to cancel if necessary, then they shipped on 11/27. Still waiting... :shrug::whistle::popcorn:

Update: The SSC P4 Star that I ordered from them was waiting for me in the mailbox when I got home today. It went right into the Dorcy Hawkeye that's been waiting for it. I believe it's brighter than the Luxeon that was in it, since it seems brighter than the MiniMag AA w/Terralux TLE-5EX, but not by much, but it was not as bright as that same unit. Definitely seems whiter with a blue tint, than the Cree in the Terralux drop-in, which is more on the yellow side.

Last edited:

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I ordered 2 Romisen RC-G2's and a couple dozen of the keychain light. They sent the RC-G2's, but backordered the keychain lights :(. I guess its a hit or miss deal as far as timing goes:shrug:

nMotion96

Newly Enlightened
i placed an order on 12/4 and something came today but i wasn't home so they said i can pick it up tomorrow at the post office. Its either the dbs, battery from aw or the stuff from dx.

Status
Not open for further replies.