ShockLi 3500mAh USB 18650

Torchy the battery boy

Newly Enlightened
ShockLi 3500mAh 18650 with USB charging. No charger required. Plug into USB and led on top of battery shows red when charging and green when charged.
I measured the actual capacity at 3439mAh, pretty accurate in my experience. Should give long run times between charges.
PCB cuts off current at 7.5A.

Attachments

• DSCF0008.jpeg
    DSCF0008.jpeg
    131.9 KB · Views: 83
  • ShockLI USB 3500mAh 18650 250mA_DxO.jpg
    ShockLI USB 3500mAh 18650 250mA_DxO.jpg
    335.5 KB · Views: 91

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
looks like a clone of Surefires battery
Surefire's built-in USB Liion rechargeable 18650 3500mAh cell is rated at 10A.

Personally I don't think these USB rechargeable cells are all that. Maybe owning one for travel isn't a terrible idea, but for serious flashlighters, having any more than one or two is pretty silly. Imagine running through 6 cells in an evening. The next day you've got 6 loose sells hanging off USB bricks. It's just not as practical as everyone seems to think. And what are the chances a charger that fits in such a tiny package is remotely half decent? And no one ever talks about how long it takes to charge them.

Last edited:

Torchy the battery boy

Newly Enlightened
Surefire's built-in USB Liion rechargeable 18650 3500mAh cell is rated at 10A.

Personally I don't think these USB rechargeable cells are all that. Maybe owning one for travel isn't a terrible idea, but for serious flashlighters, having any more than one or two is pretty silly. Imagine running through 6 cells in an evening. The next day you've got 6 loose sells hanging off USB bricks. It's just not as practical as everyone seems to think. And what are the chances a charger that fits in such a tiny package is remotely half decent? And no one ever talks about how long it takes to charge them.
Not my cup of tea, but they seem to be popular.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
People can use their phone charger and many of these also work as power banks.

SMar

Newly Enlightened
Personally I don't think these USB rechargeable cells are all that. Maybe owning one for travel isn't a terrible idea, but for serious flashlighters, having any more than one or two is pretty silly. Imagine running through 6 cells in an evening. The next day you've got 6 loose sells hanging off USB bricks.

For traveling or for lights that live in your glovebox it's not a bad idea. Most of these USB cells can also be charged via regular chargers as well.

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
How would you guys feel about having a bottle opener on every hand tool? In my experience, the more features that creep in, the worse something gets at what it was originally intended to do. Jack of all trades, master of none. YMMV