Show off your copper

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
About the same as someone making one out of titanium. To put things into perspective, to make a Z44 style bezel from plastic will take around two hours on my lathe. Brass is about three hours. Aluminum about 4 hours. Copper is about 8.

Rees

Enlightened
I know theres gotta be more cool copper stuff out there. Im suprised I haven't seen any copper embassy pens.

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
...and a bigger house to go with it! :thumbsup:

or a big shed in the back!
Though - I still don't know what your house looks like. I need to drop by sometime and take a peek at the lathe.

Craig

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's small enough that I can just put it in the trunk of my car, bring it over to your house, make some parts, then bring it back home again. No, I'm not about to do that!

griff

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF member : foxtrot824 gave me the idea to build a desk lamp..Here is the thread where i got inspired:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...pper-reading-lamp-build.-Cree-ML-E&highlight=

Electronics aren't my thing so I just worked on the 'look' of the lamp. A friends two hundred ton break press put the 22 degree bend in the 7/8" X 1 3/8 thick copper bar stock

DSC_0079.jpg

DSC_0098.jpg

DSC_0086.jpg

DSC_0091.jpg

griff

Flashlight Enthusiast
LED supply:
3-up indus star LED

Cree® XLamp XP-G & XP-E LED(s) Reflowed on a LUXdrive™ MCPCB Star Board

it's hooked up to a Adjustable wall transformer 3,4.5,6,7.5,9,12 volt ,just slide the switch on the trans. It turns on low @ 4.5 volts and 12V is high. When its on 12 volts the copper gets up to to 88 degrees ....the heat sinking of the bar will override any excess heat

I'm not a woo-woo kink of guy, but there is just something...earthy...,for lack of a better word, about copper that makes me want to touch it. :)

I think this Maratac belongs to kaichu dento.
P1100084.jpg

~ Chance

Rees

Enlightened
I'm not a woo-woo kink of guy, but there is just something...earthy...,for lack of a better word, about copper that makes me want to touch it. :)
~ Chance
I like the way the copper looks and feels also, kinda hard to describe. My wife doesn't seem to feel the same way about it and thinks im crazy for wanting the copper stuff. Shes doesn't like the smell you get on your hands when you touch it, but it doesn't bother me.

Rees

Enlightened
heres some more
content__media_external_images_media_1349.jpg

content__media_external_images_media_1350.jpg

I'll get more shots later with my big camera

Rees

Enlightened
It seems hard not to like the copper stuff. I think my search for copper stuff has gotten alittle out of control. :rolleyes: But I did find that awesome pen with some searching in switzerland.

Rees

Enlightened
Found another cool copper object. In the mail.... can't wait.