Show off your copper

Rees

Enlightened
Heres a cool copper object, its plated because solid copper wouldnt last long.
content__media_external_images_media_1353.jpg

content__media_external_images_media_1352.jpg

I cleaned it up alittle, it was still in the box labeled $.99 from woolworths. I thought it was a nifty copper object to show off.

fyrstormer

Banned
Yes, it's a copper E2C adaptor, posing next to a brass E2C and a titanium E2C, all made by TnC. I commissioned the Ti run, but someone else actually commissioned the brass/copper run, and I jumped on it. The brass adaptor has since been sold; the copper adaptor I darkened using brass blackener, then lightly scuffed with a Scotch-Brite pad, then put into use with my hottest drop-in.

EDIT: Actually, I lied, I also have some big copper heatsinks I now use as paperweights. Don't have any pictures of them though.

Last edited:

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very cool! What was the previous application before becoming paperweights?

CPU heatsinks, passive ones, judging by the lack of places to secure a fan.

I'm surprised you managed to pry those HDD magnets apart fyrstormer. Wrecked the tip of my finger real good letting two of them get a little too close...

Rees

Enlightened
I llike the two with the pins spread out, they look pretty sweet.

fyrstormer

Banned
CPU heatsinks, passive ones, judging by the lack of places to secure a fan.

I'm surprised you managed to pry those HDD magnets apart fyrstormer. Wrecked the tip of my finger real good letting two of them get a little too close...
Not passive, but I removed the fan-mounting brackets.

Hard drives are easy to disassemble with a good selection of Torx bits. I still have the magnets stuck to nails in my apartment's outdoor storage closet. One of the hard drives has the metal plating stripped off the platters due to a catastrophic failure; I keep it as a reminder of why it is absolutely imperative to keep multiple copies of important data on physically separate hardware.

fyrstormer

Banned
I think I'm going to buy one of these. My ungirlfriend is a microbiologist and she could probably benefit from having an actively anti-microbial pen, since she currently uses Bics. Needless to say, I'll need to test one out first, to make sure it's worth buying her one.

Rees

Enlightened
I think I'm going to buy one of these. My ungirlfriend is a microbiologist and she could probably benefit from having an actively anti-microbial pen, since she currently uses Bics. Needless to say, I'll need to test one out first, to make sure it's worth buying her one.
Marc Solioz from Copperpen.ch is great. He shipped my pen on friday and it got it following thursday from switzerland. You just have to email him your request and he will hook you up.

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is indeed a copper light. You can find a thread on it in the TnC Products subforum in the "Custom & Modified Lights" area.

I'm planning for Green, Yellow, Ice Blue, White (repeat) on the head and
Ice Blue, Ice Blue, Orange, Green, Green, Orange on the tail.

It looks good in Visio - we'll see how it look on the real thing. ;)

-- Dave