• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Show your Oveready Collection!

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Show your Oveready Lights!

Really like your TL50 slim with M2 ronac head!

Thanks. It is a favorite. With a Vinh crafted XML2 Premium Dedome Tint, direct drive; and the delrin tailcap/zero-res-shorty set for momentary, it is used to clarify what the navigation light can't reach. As an 18650 torch, it shines. (Carried with a lanyard and held in the 'cigar' postion in-hand)

jdboy

Enlightened

OR Defense Light, OR V4 XP-E2 H3C LMH triple drop-in, hard press McCicky tail switch,solid copper Z32 Cryo cooling head w/stainless smooth bezel ring and ultra clear lens. After receiving the light I found I liked my V3.10 L3N HML XP-G drop-in in this host better.

2r2583b.jpg

Last edited:

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic

tri·ad
ˈtrīˌad/

noun: triad; plural noun: triads; noun: Triad

1. a group or set of three connected people or things.
"the triad of medication, diet, and exercise are necessary in diabetes care"

a chord of three musical notes, consisting of a given note with the third and fifth above it.
a Welsh form of literary composition with an arrangement of subjects or statements in groups of three.

2. a secret society originating in China, typically involved in organized crime.
a member of a triad.

Origin
mid 16th century: from French triade, or via late Latin from Greek trias, triad-, from treis 'three.'

So it probably started tree-odd and then changed to try-add

Last edited:

IsaacL

Enlightened
I think the first time I heard the word Triad was in a movie and they were referring to the Asian mafia. Thought it was pretty awesome that the tail cap shared the same name!

FortyCaliber

Newly Enlightened

WHOA.

I think I've been pronouncing Triad wrong. I've been saying tree-add. Is it try-add??

Anywho cool video man!!

ˈtrīˌad

Just confirmed with teacher-wife that it is a long I and pronounced "try-ad", like trident or trinomial.

No matter how it's pronounced I like 'em!

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast

The Triad tailcap is so great for twist-to-activate lights using only one hand, as well as for momentary. It also bears repeating that the curves on the terminal end aid in accurate alignment of tight beams to illuminate smaller objects at long distances. And the silver/grey color is so nice. Ended up buying a matte stainless crenelated bezel to go with the color of that Triad. With a smooth bezel ring, the middle of the aspheric lens is very close to sticking out enough to get scratched if the flashlight is placed head down on a flat surface.

Other than an MBI HF, all my routine-use flashlights run on 18650's; that compact really fits the hand. Plus, the comfortable 6Z does the multi-mode drivers that need McClickys just, so well.

I'm sure you all have your favorites...

Sent from my iPad using Candlepowerforums

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic

tri·ad
ˈtrīˌad/

noun: triad; plural noun: triads; noun: Triad

1. a group or set of three connected people or things.
"the triad of medication, diet, and exercise are necessary in diabetes care"

a chord of three musical notes, consisting of a given note with the third and fifth above it.
a Welsh form of literary composition with an arrangement of subjects or statements in groups of three.

2. a secret society originating in China, typically involved in organized crime.
a member of a triad.

Origin
mid 16th century: from French triade, or via late Latin from Greek trias, triad-, from treis 'three.'

So it probably started tree-odd and then changed to try-add

Thanks!! :D

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast

My favorite set up: Moddoolar head, TL20, SF A19 Extender and tail with zero rez shorty. Running on unprotected Panasonic 18650 3400mAh for long runtime or 2x18350 IMR for full output. Some other lights for size comparisons.

image.jpg

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but does anyone have a regular TL (length does not matter) tube and a Cryos Standoff slim tailcap? Love to see some pictures of the two together. I'm finally going to finish my Oveready P60 light and am struggling to decide on a tail cap. I like the look of the Diamondback tailcap with the TL tubes, but really want to be able to tail stand my light. The tail standing shrouds are in my opinion ugly (sorry!).

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast

That Cryos slim tailcap looks nice indeed. You do not want to consider an Oveready Triad? It is more stable if you want to tailstand, and offers fine ergonomics during use. The Zero Res option is of course able to tailstand. The Cryos or any of the other two options should make a nice host. Good Luck.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but does anyone have a regular TL (length does not matter) tube and a Cryos Standoff slim tailcap? Love to see some pictures of the two together. I'm finally going to finish my Oveready P60 light and am struggling to decide on a tail cap. I like the look of the Diamondback tailcap with the TL tubes, but really want to be able to tail stand my light. The tail standing shrouds are in my opinion ugly (sorry!).

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast

I considered the triad but its too chunky for my tastes. I prefer a slim look. I am also considering the standard ZeroRes but am wondering if it has the same look as the ZeroRes shorty when installed? I don't think it does because it requires a rivet so mist need a boot to hide it?