Show your Rare/Unusual SureFires - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCD

Enlightened
Does a "2-flats" 6P count as rare or unusual?

I had never seen a 6P like this before, so I snatched it up when the opportunity presented itself. It reminds me of a D2. I have no idea how rare it is. Judging from the Lexan hex bezel and the lock-out tailcap with two witness marks, it looks like it is a very early post-round body 6P. The body has two flats, and each flat has an oval milled into it, with "Surefire 6P" without patent numbers etched within the ovals. The ovals, as well as the logo, are longer on the 2-flats version than on the current version.

WooHoo! The "2-flats" 6P got a matching big brother in the mail today! It looks to be slightly newer, with a single witness mark on the tailcap and a "Hot Surface" bezel. The logo is a little different, also. The 9P has a patent number, and the side with the serial number has Surefire starting from the tailcap end. Interestingly, the blister pack was molded for a light with a clip. Oddly, the packaging contained a user manual for a C2. I wonder if that was a mistake made by Surefire or if the previous owner will one day wonder why his C2 has a 9P manual.

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast
WooHoo! The "2-flats" 6P got a matching big brother in the mail today! It looks to be slightly newer, with a single witness mark on the tailcap and a "Hot Surface" bezel. The logo is a little different, also. The 9P has a patent number, and the side with the serial number has Surefire starting from the tailcap end. Interestingly, the blister pack was molded for a light with a clip. Oddly, the packaging contained a user manual for a C2. I wonder if that was a mistake made by Surefire or if the previous owner will one day wonder why his C2 has a 9P manual.

Good score JCD :clap: Glad it went to a CPF member and a collector who already had the 6P flat sided light. Great price as well you cannot go wrong for $65 :thumbsup:

cheers

bound

Enlightened
C2-HA
No patent number version

9149610794_8f39777ef3_c.jpg

9149608228_5bf0c6e6b9_c.jpg

9147377547_816c6595f6_c.jpg

Thanks

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Rat,
Look at its head photos, pressure ring. Tail label: www.surefire.com SUREFIRE USA.

Thanks Brian. Those lego's are so funny.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

What about this one guys I have this NIB early SF light coming down my way its in the mail as we speak. But not all is what it seems. You are thinking so what its just a NIB 6P right :naughty:

What is in the box is one of the best scores I have had this year I cannot wait to get it :thumbsup:

surefire-001box_zpseae88542.jpg

I will post some pic's when I have it.

:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.