Show your Solarforce

Status
Not open for further replies.

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
black_rose and winx thanks!

winx...eyeballing it, i think that if I remove the origianl L2P switch the KD forward clickie can be soldered right in, can't it?

Winx

Newly Enlightened
black_rose and winx thanks!

winx...eyeballing it, i think that if I remove the origianl L2P switch the KD forward clickie can be soldered right in, can't it?

You're welcome. Yes. You'll need second washer though. Well, you know the these things :).

Last edited:

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
DX sells a variable [ ramping ] drop in that is very nice ..
!8650 to 2xCR123A [ 8.4v ] and works a treat .. In moon mode it will run for a very long time .

radu1976

Enlightened
I was looking for a slim SOLARFORCE L2 with 17670 tube - not the latest 18650 one - , with flat bezel and with raised clickie but it seems that those are gone from ebay...

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
I resisted for a long time , unfortunately I got another lantern + head , so I had to buy a body , since I had spare tailcaps , and drop ins , :poke:

Hello no 13 ......... :shakehead

Pictured is L2 no 13 + Lantern no 2

Last edited:

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, but there's only 1 level; I'm looking for a 3-level where I can choose levels quickly without ramping every time.

Well , you wanted lower output , otherwise you get what you get , there is no guarantee as to actual current draw etc , unless you buy a pre tested drop in .

Ive found current draw to be all over the place with most drop ins , so it's a bit of pot luck , unless you can find a seller who will pre test for you .
Personally Ive found the 3 mode Lo voltage Solarforce drop in to be rather well set out with the modes / 1.2A / 0.45A / 0.09A

0.13 / 0.6 / 1.4A [ 2nd one ]

don.gwapo

Enlightened
scaled.php

Two L2M's. SS SE on left and gun metal at right. They're always riding with me where ever I go. :naughty:.

Last edited:

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
Personally Ive found the 3 mode Lo voltage Solarforce drop in to be rather well set out with the modes / 1.2A / 0.45A / 0.09A

that is with Lithium rechargables or Alkalines Nimh? seems low for the latter

Superorb

Enlightened
Well , you wanted lower output , otherwise you get what you get , there is no guarantee as to actual current draw etc , unless you buy a pre tested drop in .

Ive found current draw to be all over the place with most drop ins , so it's a bit of pot luck , unless you can find a seller who will pre test for you .

I tested my 0.9-4.2v SF dropin yesterday and got similar same draw as your 1st one with a fresh off the charger 18650. 1.21A, 0.48, 0.10

Superorb

Enlightened
Did another Forward Clicky swap in another L2. This one went well. Notice the gobs of solder, that is what I added. I don't have a small iron, only the standard one so it's very difficult to only add a small amount of solder. I really need a smaller iron to do more intricate work. I used the KD forward Clicky.

_MG_3345.jpg

_MG_3346.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.