Show your Solarforce

Status
Not open for further replies.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Re: All Solarforce colors compared

Is anybody selling the L2m with 18650 extension tube in SAND color these days? My usual USA dealers don't have it but I'm not interested in ordering from China direct.

g.p.

Enlightened

Is anybody selling the L2m with 18650 extension tube in SAND color these days? My usual USA dealers don't have it but I'm not interested in ordering from China direct.
I've had nothing but good experiences, good communication, and fast shipping from several transactions with solarforce-sales.com. I wouldn't hesitate to order from them if they have what you want (and they usually do if you email them about stuff that isn't on the site).

jake25

Enlightened

Rec: L2m's have been hard to come by, in Gunmetal or Sand

Flashlite Foy

Newly Enlightened
Re: Show Your Solarforce

Had a few additions to the Solarforce crew.

5608129849_422bf31ee9_b.jpg

solarforcefanboyFoy

Lighthearted1

Newly Enlightened
I want to join in and post photos of my L2X lego.

I assembled this L2X, and it is my favorite light for the moment.
This is a very bright XM-L that is VERY secure in the hand.
The S8 forward switch is great...my big thumb fits great without any pokes from the 4 tips.
I found that one lanyard ring spins, but two hold tight! This is a great addition for a good cigar hold plus it prevents any rolling.
Oh, the stock L2X has no lanyard attachment (and it rolls), but now it has 10 good spots.

I think the added surface area of the L2X head helps cool my hot drop-in. Foil added too.

1252611237_EVW5f-L.jpg

1252611096_dmaA3-L.jpg

1252611163_uEyuU-L.jpg

I tried to find best prices and low shipping.

L2X host $23.99
S8 Forward clicky switch $9.99
L2-B5 Stainless Steel bezel $5.99
SS Lanyard Rings V2 (x2) $2.88 + $2.88
Shipping $2

Ultrafire Cree XM-L T6 3-Mode Memory LED Drop-in Module (Manafont) $16.40
Multilayer Coated Glass lens $ 2.29
Shipping free

Total cost = $ 66.42 ....(batteries not included :) Redilast)

NEWS for some of you wanting this...... Solarforce A001 H/L profile Bezel Head
posted yesterday at solarforce-sales.com

Last edited:

borealis

Newly Enlightened
That's a clever way to solve the giant gap problem with the S8 on L2X.

That drop-in supposedly draws 3+ Amps. Does it get hot?

Thanks for fueling my newly acquired addiction with yet another source of cheap Chinese goodies.

Last edited:

Lighthearted1

Newly Enlightened
That's a clever way to solve the giant gap problem with the S8 on L2X.

That drop-in supposedly draws 3+ Amps. Does it get hot?

Thanks for fueling my newly acquired addiction with yet another source of cheap Chinese goodies.

Yes it can get hot but it can be managed.

I turned it on for a ceiling bounce (set on table) to give more light in a room. I left it on about 10 min. before I picked it up to switch off. It was too hot to hold for almost 5 minutes (in a L2P host).
However, if I keep a good grip on it from the start it will get pretty warm but I can still hold it.
It starts to feel warm after 2 min, noticeable in 3 min, and around 4-5 min it is good and warm. If you want to keep using it you need to keep it in hand, but it doesn't get any hotter after that unless you put it down (still on).

You can leave it on without worry if you switch to medium. It is still more than 200 lumens OTF in med. mode and you can drain the cell without heat being a problem.

Air movement helps a whole bunch. I have put it on my bike (high mode) in about 65F degree night and it does not really get warm while I am in motion. Moving air does wonders for stripping heat away.

Don't mention it! Really, I would do the same for anyone. :D

Last edited:

mitro

Newly Enlightened
Here's my favorite:

Black L2P with shortened threads
S7 tailcap with Overready/McClicky
B1 stainless bezel ring with UCL lens
e-rock built neutral XP-G triple drop-in (r2 4000K 2.8A 3 mode)

l2p1.jpg

l2p2.jpg

l2p3.jpg

The first pic is a bit of a trick because the stock L2P is closer to the camera. It's not quite THAT much longer.

The last pic show the shortened body so there is not gap between the tailcap and main body. The stock tailcap still works fine with it, but other tailcaps would take some fiddling to make work again. You can see more pictures of stock vs. shortened w/S7 MClicky here (tested on my grey L2P first): http://s1117.photobucket.com/albums/k588/mitro74/L2p McClicky/Shortened/

I love this light and have carried it for work for a couple months. This it my most used light.

Last edited:

pae77

Enlightened
I like the way you shortened the L2P. Looks nice. Unfortunately for me, I need to be able to tail stand my L2P. Even though it seems to be a little longer than it has to be, I still love the stock L2P. Also the L2i fitted with an optional flat or slightly crenelated bezel running on a single 18650 is a nice light that is a bit shorter than the L2P.

mitro

Newly Enlightened
I like the way you shortened the L2P. Looks nice. Unfortunately for me, I need to be able to tail stand my L2P. Even though it seems to be a little longer than it has to be, I still love the stock L2P. Also the L2i fitted with an optional flat or slightly crenelated bezel running on a single 18650 is a nice light that is a bit shorter than the L2P.

Here's something I posted elsewhere regarding tailstanding:

Want a shroud around the tailcap so it will tailstand?

Heavy duty velcro. The kind you use to wrap up cords/wires. Its 1" wide and if you cut it long enough that it wraps around the tailcap nearly 2 times you can put it on the tailcap tight enough it will not slide off unintentionally and you can slide it off the end slightly and will support the flashlight and allow tailstanding.

Lose the velcro? Cut yourself another piece. :)
I like a light to tailstand, but for me its not a necessity, especially for the purpose of this light. I CANNOT activate the switch of the stock tailcap while holding the light with a normal overhand grip. I don't know if its just my large mitts or what, but I have tried and tried and it doesn't work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts