• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Sigma Customs

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok this has helped with my decision as I plan on actually using/carrying my Sigma lights and grip will be important. I'll be updating my 18650 version.

On another note: Will the Glow sticker be compatible with the 371D driver? If not just let me know and I'll remove that option from my specs.

The glow stickers are not compatible for all the reasons Mick listed, plus unlike the Noctigon boards, what precious little space there is between the board and optic is occupied by all the driver components and the secondary LED tower.

At $80 a piece I would also strongly recommend against needlessly messing with the driver or removing the LE, as it is very easy to damage the components such as the LED tower and the pins.

jdboy

Enlightened
it may be possible to modify the glow sticker to work, but additional holes would be needed.
would need accommodations for:

1. the secondary color LED tower
2. sensor for programming the modes
3. bounce back sensor

The glow stickers are not compatible for all the reasons Mick listed, plus unlike the Noctigon boards, what precious little space there is between the board and optic is occupied by all the driver components and the secondary LED tower.

At $80 a piece I would also strongly recommend against needlessly messing with the driver or removing the LE, as it is very easy to damage the components such as the LED tower and the pins.

Duly noted and I'll update my spots on the sheet to reflect the Sticker omission. Thank you gentlemen for the guidance.

kitman22

Newly Enlightened
Really sorry to be a pain but I didn't notice that Al-Bronze was 18500 only.
I have way to many 18650 cells that need some use so could I please go back to Bronze?
I would also like to have your original ringed body.

Thank you.

easilyled

Flashaholic
Devin, please could you change my driver to the luxrc triple-XPL if possible. (maybe they'll even have XP-L2s by the time you get to do it because I'm a long way down the list. ;) )

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast
An update on the current status. The titanium lights have been all been machined and assembled except for the two waiting on 371D boards.
The workflow coming up next will be all the Aluminum lights, and then all the Al-Bronze lights before moving on to Copper.

Regarding the 371D boards, I have an order placed with Serge for 5 5000k 219C boards and 5 4500k XP-L re-domed boards that will be used for the next 10 lights requesting a 371D. Due to the high cost and long lead time on obtaining these boards, I have no flexibility in what is available for the next 10 requests for them.
Most likely, the XP-L boards will become the standard option for the 371D option as they are what Lux-RC offers. Otherwise there is a 1-2 month lead time by the time I send 219C LEDs to them, they get made, and finally arrive back in the states.

Regarding the potting, I have decided to forgo potting engines for now unless I find a more agreeable material to work with. The current compound is not conducive to filling this pill design with, and does not fill and coat as consistently as I would like.
To add to this point, if you do manage to kill a H17F driver in one of my lights from here on out, send a message and send me back the light and I will replace the driver at no charge.

Really sorry to be a pain but I didn't notice that Al-Bronze was 18500 only.
I have way to many 18650 cells that need some use so could I please go back to Bronze?
I would also like to have your original ringed body.
Thank you.
I don't do Bronze, but I can put you back down for Brass.

Devin, please could you change my driver to the luxrc triple-XPL if possible. (maybe they'll even have XP-L2s by the time you get to do it because I'm a long way down the list. ;) )
Sure, just note I have no control over what LEDs Lux-RC offers at the time I place an order.

Last edited:

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi is there a comparison to choose the right driver ?.
what's the differences ?.
thanks.
18650 light it's looking to be.

thanks

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi is there a comparison to choose the right driver ?.
what's the differences ?.
thanks.
18650 light it's looking to be.

thanks

Both drivers are fully programmable and have temperature regulation.
The 371D is more efficient and has a wide enough voltage range to use 1-2 cells, the H17F is 1 cell only.
The 371D also has a secondary red LED that can be used, and uses current control instead of PWM.
The 371D will probably be mostly XP-L LEDs though, as Lux-RC has chosen to go with those.

The H17F has a couple things the 371D doesn't though, it has a double-tap mode that can be programmed and it has a strobe mode designed for cycling that goes up and down without fulling turning off.
The H17F based engines are also easier to repair as the LEDs are separate from the driver board, which means the driver can be readily replaced. The 371D on the other hand is all one board, and if it fails it is much more expensive to replace.

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry I meant Brass.
Thank you!
No problem, your entry has been updated.

Another note on grip options, I will be reducing the grip options to the regular Ringed grip or the Acme grip. I have busted my knurling tool and wheels, and will not be doing anymore knurled grips for now. Any Knurled entries on the list have been changed to Ringed.

I'm currently starting to work on the Aluminum lights and will move on to the Al-Bronze lights afterwards.

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought my light on 7-5-2016, and I like to pop up periodically to say it is one of the finest custom lights I have ever purchased. I believe 20 years from now this light will still be 100%. Devin does excellent work, and after admiring the new options he is offering I guess I need to save up my penny's for another one...he also provides excellent customer service. I love my Surefire's, V54's and PKDL lights, but Devin delivers quality control to match or exceed these and others. Love my Thetasigma 18650! Keep up the excellent work and thank you!

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast
Devin, I've reluctantly decided to opt out of this run. Please remove me from the list.
I'm sorry to hear that, I hope all is well.

Thanks for the kind words Ed! I'm glad you still like the light.

For anyone who is curious, the engine in Mick's video is one of the Mac L333 engines.

jankowiak

Newly Enlightened
I like to say I got my titanium flashlight today and it the first custom light I have works great THANK YOU.

Slayer1

Newly Enlightened
Hi Devin,

Do let me know when will the list be reopened again as I would really like to get my hands on a titanium and al-bronze flashlight.
Thanks.

S1