• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Sigma Customs

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast
Appreciate the clip options being offered, Thetasigma!

No problem, being able to buy these options at a larger quantity I have been able to get a little better pricing, so both options are $25 installed with screws instead of the $30 of the Okluma clips previously.

Regarding emitter choice for the triples, for those who would prefer the 5000k 219Cs over the 4000k 219Cs, please add a comment under the driver column, "5000k 219C".
Thanks!

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
No problem, being able to buy these options at a larger quantity I have been able to get a little better pricing, so both options are $25 installed with screws instead of the $30 of the Okluma clips previously.

And they fit much better on your bodies!

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast
And they fit much better on your bodies!

Yeah, the OR clip fits particularly well on the Regulus.

A design update for Regulus and Sirius lights, I will be switching to an O-ring retention for the switchboot here shortly, as well as the wider flange switchboots. Blue switchboots are still an option but the standard black will offer the best seal.

SG3

Newly Enlightened
I apologize in advance if this was already asked, but can you get these in host form only? No LEDs, drivers, batteries etc?

thanks!
SG3

edit:
nevermind, I see the pricing in the specs document.

Last edited:

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast
I apologize in advance if this was already asked, but can you get these in host form only? No LEDs, drivers, batteries etc?

thanks!
SG3

edit:
nevermind, I see the pricing in the specs document.

I don't sell hosts separately, pricing is for assembled lights.

xdayv

Flashlight Enthusiast
@Thetasigma - is the Mcbrat clip compatible on the Regulus 18350?

Last edited:

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
@Thetasigma - is the Mcbrat clip compatible on the Regulus 18350?
b2ecc7e67fd138e9d3f686e389f1a2d7.jpg

recDNA

Flashaholic
Depending on your eyesight, 150-175 yard practical range on high. I can see around 175 yards with it personally. I can only see about 60 yards tops with a triple running good and hot.

Thanks for the kind words above Ozy!
I don't think that you'll be able to easily lego the heads even if they fit on the other hosts, the pill design is different and a Regulus head on a 18650 body would be too short for 18650s and too long for 18500s.

Lego-ability was considered when designing the Regulus, but I opted for doing the best setup for my design goal rather than compromising the end result for lego-ability. Since battery packs are matched to their respective heads, they wouldn't always necessarily fit on a different head.

Looks like there is 1 spot left on the Regulus reservations.
Are there any white wall shots of the Regulus available?

Please excuse me if I missed it but this thread is 63 pages long on my phone (a credit to your skill)

archimedes

Flashaholic
Just a quick post about your new Regulus ....

I carried both the Regulus (AlBr, 5000K N319A / TIR) and a BOSS 70 (Al7075, 4500K XPL x3) for a comparison test run last night.

I was very impressed with both, but noted some relevant differences.

The beamshape was the most obvious difference, and I really preferred the throw of the Regulus for lighting up a dark path through a mix of urban / suburban and lightly wooded areas.

The Regulus had a great balance between hotspot and spill, with impressive reach on medium and high output. Not as much of a "tunnel" effect as with, say, the SF E1B ... but enough focus to limit the foreground glare seen with the BOSS on max levels (needed for brute force throw)

Both appeared to handle heat well, although the aluminum of the BOSS seemed to get hotter faster, as might be expected.

Each torch had been set up with custom programs. The advantage of the BOSS is ease of programming (through a web-based tool) , but the H17F can be done with just the onboard switch (albeit through a somewhat cumbersome flowchart) . My preference remains using a standalone system, whenever possible.

The BOSS 70 carries an 18650, but is lighter, and only a bit longer than the Regulus/18350. And, of course, the BOSS can also be optionally run with a "35 tube" , or even with 2x cells in the 70 for a higher max ... so, advantage BOSS on that point, for EDC flexibility.

As for "whitewall" effects, there are indeed some artifacts seen with the N319A having uneven tint through the hotspot. Initially I had considered using a light diffusion film or frosted optic to smooth this out, but in real world practical use, trading that for a reduction in its true strength (excellent throw) seems counterproductive. I have different flashlights which are much better for near distance tasks, requiring optimal color rendering and perfectly even illumination.

Anyway, this post turned out longer than I had planned, but the short summary is that the Regulus compares very favorably to the BOSS, which is currently regarded as one of the premier EDC torches at present.

I purchased this prototype directly from @Thetasigma on the marketplace, and it was a pleasure dealing with him :)

Last edited:
Arch, what a great review. Not too long but very informative with real world comparisons. I have a couple of the BOSS lights and several Sigma lights. Am looking forward to getting a Regulus as well. Sigma lights are not only great to look at, but also well built and built to last!

archimedes

Flashaholic
Arch, what a great review. Not too long but very informative with real world comparisons. I have a couple of the BOSS lights and several Sigma lights. Am looking forward to getting a Regulus as well. Sigma lights are not only great to look at, but also well built and built to last!

Thanks egg .... Since I don't have a Sigma Sirius (triple) , I'd be interested in your thoughts on that and the BOSS.

xdayv

Flashlight Enthusiast
As for "whitewall" effects, there are indeed some artifacts seen with the N319A having uneven tint through the hotspot. Initially I had considered using a light diffusion film or frosted optic to smooth this out, but in real world practical use, trading that for a reduction in its true strength (excellent throw) seems counterproductive. I have different flashlights which are much better for near distance tasks, requiring optimal color rendering and perfectly even illumination.

Did yours come with an optic installed? or just the default, correct me if I'm wrong -- medium spot?

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did yours come with an optic installed? or just the default, correct me if I'm wrong -- medium spot?

"Medium spot" is an optic, it refers to the shape of the beam created by the optic. You can buy narrow, medium or wide optics, narrow frosted etc... different beam shapes, all optics.

Regulus comes with the optic installed.

xdayv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Ozy for the explanation. I thought the default didn't come with an optic, or does it make sense if it didn't?

Regulus comes with the optic installed.

With the medium spot optic right?

Edit: Post #603 by Thetasigma answers my question.

--

Thanks Archimedes for the link below.

Last edited:

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast
Regarding clips on the Regulus, the OR clip is the one intended to fit, hence being standard. Others may fit with a little adjustment of the contact point via changing the bends.

Thanks for the thoughts Don, it is nice to have a comparison between the two.

Regarding optics, the Regulus is made with a 10003 Carclo "Medium spot" optic. This optic offers excellent throw in a 20mm format with a nicely balanced spill and hotspot. I considered the "Narrow spot" however the difference in lux in negligible and the beam profile is not very useful for EDC purposes as it lacks a useful amount of spill. The frosted spot, medium ripple, and wide ripple all offer useful beam patterns and as such are available as additional optics.