• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sky Lumen Tange

Nokoff

Enlightened
With a light using a 10180 and has a USB charging port yeah, it crossed my mind that I may not be able to easily replace batteries BUT I read back through this thread just now and realized he was offering batteries to people so hmmmmmm dont really know what to say there haha. I just chalk it up to being a 20 dollar novelty light.If you are unhappy with it im sure Vinh would you send you your 20 dollars back. You are right though, after mentioning that he has batteries for sale you would definitely assume that it should be user replaceable.

Yeah I totally agree with you and Vinh is great and he'd do anything. I was just trying to point it out since others had asked and he didn't respond and if he's going to bring out his own commercial line then he needs to give full and accurate descriptions it'll only help his business. Providing less than this will increase returns and customer dissatisfaction.

Cheers to you!

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ahh its a 20 dollar novelty light, ill be happy as long as it turns off and on for a year. This isn't a custom piece, it was a collab. I bought mine just to help fund the bigger and better project rolling out and because the man involved has honestly helped me more than anybody should. He's earned my business ten fold.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Ahh its a 20 dollar novelty light, ill be happy as long as it turns off and on for a year. This isn't a custom piece, it was a collab. Thank you for that. I needed all the funds I can get from every project I can get my hands on for Genesis. Been working 10-12 hours daily for several months now for the same purpose. Not complaining because I love what I do. And work hardly feels like it. As with all business small mistakes here and there can set you back a long ways.

I bought mine just to help fund the bigger and better project rolling out and because the man involved has honestly helped me more than anybody should. He's earned my business ten fold. Thank you for your support. I will be rolling out several budget projects here and there but my main goal is to always provide the highest quality possible. Man that sounds like what a salesman would say but I guess that's what I am on top of an enthusiast.

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
By the way I see some comments about disappointments of the non user ability to change out cells. I too understand and wished that it was easier to change out the cells. For a modder its actually very easy to do but for legality and warranty reasons I can not allow/recommend customers/users to do this. I stand behind everything I sell. Same policy applies to everything. If something goes wrong I will take care of you. If you are not happy with what you get you may exchange for credits, another item or a refund. At the end of the day I want you to be happy with your purchase and keep the transaction fair.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Is this the same guy/shop making your Genesis? No. Tange is Made in China. Genesis is Made in USA.
Six SO FAR is 12% of all Tange have issues. And the fact that we can't replace our own batteries is a very unwelcome surprise. Turning off the battery current could have reset the driver settings and 'may' have fixed the issues in the users hands.

You really need to be UP FRONT about details like that. If you are implying that I have something to hide I did not. It was a detail I overlook. I do not take accusations lightly so please be careful there. I welcome feedback and take notes as long as its constructive.

You mod a lot of stuff and don't mention that control rings no longer work or button lights won't work as they did but you're introducing your own commercial line it's time to step up.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
...so far :) but that wasn't really the point.

If it's a throwaway light at $20 then it is what it is but I'd like to know the trick to opening them up. Will he be here is five years...the battery is very small and weak to begin with and we don't know the brand, mAh, really nothing about it. If you leave the breathing light on overnight it dies, but how low does the voltage drop? Breathing lights are known to take batteries below safe levels and kill them faster. He never said it was a breathing light either until just now. Details, details, details...are important. Maybe someone will do a detailed review that's not really my thing.

If you see the Video in post 1 you would know its has the breathing function.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Yeah I totally agree with you and Vinh is great and he'd do anything. I was just trying to point it out since others had asked and he didn't respond and if he's going to bring out his own commercial line then he needs to give full and accurate descriptions it'll only help his business. Providing less than this will increase returns and customer dissatisfaction.

Cheers to you!

Not sure what question people ask that I did not respond to but for future reference I will not miss a question over email.

Nokoff

Enlightened
I thought it was obvious. By up front I meant you need to list important details like Battery not removable in your sales thread. You've always been scarce on info but that's one thing I didn't think we needed to ask.
You have now said that you didn't know that it wasn't removable but earlier you blew me off as if it was nothing and at it was brought up by two others. Yes it appeared as if you were ignoring this. If you make this error with a $20 light what's to stop you from making worse ones with Genesis , I was trying to point out a fact. If you don't want my business that's fine with me, I don't know how you consider that my loss telling me to be careful!

As for the breathing light it's very bad to have that along with not being able to remove a battery and test it. Breathing lights are normally not tied to he LVP circuit in the driver, so they don't register and just keep draining. I can only assume it's an unprotected battery in there. You still haven't provided details. That's what I was getting at there. The breathing light can be turned off which is great but there's no way to do a head or tail lockout or anything or remove the battery to see how low it drains, and I tried it, it died in one night from fully charged. Isn't this helpful information to have?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
...so far :) but that wasn't really the point.

If it's a throwaway light at $20 then it is what it is but I'd like to know the trick to opening them up. Will he be here is five years...the battery is very small and weak to begin with and we don't know the brand, mAh, really nothing about it. If you leave the breathing light on overnight it dies, but how low does the voltage drop? Breathing lights are known to take batteries below safe levels and kill them faster. He never said it was a breathing light either until just now. Details, details, details...are important. Maybe someone will do a detailed review that's not really my thing.

LOL by the way I am sure not all of 75 shipped are received so I am guessing there will be more defective ones. I trusted the shop so I didn't test each one especially plugging them in to charge to make sure all is fine. I will do that for the future ones. Regardless the fail rates so far is not good news but I will continue to report the findings. If you get ones that has any issues let us know and email me too so I can either give you are refund or send you another.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I thought it was obvious. By up front I meant you need to list important details like Battery not removable in your sales thread. You've always been scarce on info but that's one thing I didn't think we needed to ask.
You have now said that you didn't know that it wasn't removable When did I say I didn't know?

but earlier you blew me off as if it was nothing and at it was brought up by two others. Yes it appeared as if you were ignoring this. If you make this error with a $20 light what's to stop you from making worse ones with Genesis, I was trying to point out a fact. If you don't want my business that's fine with me, You are making many assumptions along with me not wanting your business. I want your business and I am willing to provide info if asked. Details can be left out but its not intentional. Suggesting I should be "UP FRONT" is accusing/implying that I was hiding truths.

I don't know how you consider that my loss telling me to be careful! I did not consider what I said as loss or gain on your behalf. I simply asked that if you are implying that I was purposely hiding the fact that the light battery is non user changeable then its not true and that I do not take accusations lightly.

As for the breathing light it's very bad to have that along with not being able to remove a battery and test it. Breathing lights are normally not tied to he LVP circuit in the driver, so they don't register and just keep draining. I can only assume it's an unprotected battery in there. You still haven't provided details. That's what I was getting at there. The breathing light can be turned off which is great but there's no way to do a head or tail lockout or anything or remove the battery to see how low it drains, and I tried it, it died in one night from fully charged. Isn't this helpful information to have? If I find out all of the details regarding battery type and specific draw on the AUX LED I will report it. But for now I do not have it.

Nokoff

Enlightened
When you did that video I'm sure you realized the battery didn't come out as even you say you expected. That would be the time to say something, before you ship them out. Edit: Looking back you also should have mentioned it when the one user posted multiple posts and even a video about trouble with their Tange and I recommended a battery reset, perfect opportunity for you to come out but you just posted quick that you sent a new one and ran off. Then you still had to be prodded multiple times before openly addressing the battery, so all I gave was all facts, nothing to apologize for.

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Ok Vinh that's fine thanks. When you did that video I'm sure you realized the battery didn't come out as even you say you expected. That would be the time to say something before you ship them out. Will I live? Yes, and can't you tell I think it's a great light by how I posted 16000 pics of it. I do apologize for alluding to any impropriety on your behalf that isn't fair and it's so easy to do online.

Thank You! A detail I have not mentioned is that the prototype is constructed differently internally and there was no glue. Although it still took some effort to remove the cell but heat wasn't needed. Now that the production version is glued heat is required which complicates battery changes which I cant allow/recommend to the user. I should have asked the shop about the battery removal detail early on but I didn't care much about it. Also After I got the lights I notice the optics was not clear as it was in the proto. They changed over to a frosted one. This change I consider a big plus as the beam is perfect now with no hint of shift shifts as the proto has. This light was not designed by me so I dont have all the details. However I will continue to post whatever I find.

On project Genesis I assure you that I post as much details as I possibly know or at least I think so.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Here is the good news. I just tested all the Tange I have in stock. May be 13-15 I think. All operate and charge fine. So I guess I will see why the defectives ones are bad when they are back.

pc_light

Enlightened
I was looking forward to having the unique touch/Tange breathing Aux LED as a locator but alas at least on my copy, the parasitic drain is too high to be practical.

I can confirm after several cycles from complete charge (78mAh, 76mAh and 74 mAh) to LVP/empty (red-blinking Tange indicator) that the blue breathing Aux LED will drain a full charge in 8-9 hrs, while sitting unused. That works out to a drain of 8 mA for breathing.

The cell itself is appears to be in good condition because on the last cycle I tested run-time alone and got 30-mins continuous on Highest setting, which is actually quite descent for the tiny 10180 cell.

I'd be curious if anyone else has the same experience or whether my unit is a fluke (hoping it's the latter because the touch Aux was what made this light special).

-------------------------------
edit:
Breathing/pulsing, which involves keeping the MCU active takes more current than constant On (if done without an active MCU); even so 8+mA is apparently excessive. Other lights with "Dragon Breathing" reportedly take 1mA or less.

Last edited:

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Might be regular behavior for the light. I had a feeling the pulsating LED would cause for lots of parastic drain. Having something pulsate and constantly changing brightness takes loads more processing from the driver than simply having the light blink on/off or be constant on at a very low brightness.

Last edited:

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like that you have the option of the breathing LED to be on or off-if I am going to my car at night I tap the sensor to turn on the breathing led, then, if I have made it to my car & managed to not drop the keys I turn it off. Repeat ad Infiniti's depending on need. Since it is rarely on more than a minute or two per time parasitic drain is negligible...