• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

SL2c (Must Have)

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great picture, Tixx! It's amazing how much light comes out of this small package!

Thanks! This really is a must have! I put this side by side with an Oveready V5 wasp and it holds strong.

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
And excellent for EDC. A wall of light is what I need. Throw is good, but I'm a city/suburb guy. Nothing is 100 yards away that I have to see. Now where the hell I'm going to test the TN36UTvn that I have coming is beyond me. It will just catch everything on fire.

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Love the XP-L 4000k tint. Came out perfect! It even has an ever so slight bit of pink in the tint which if any sort of color was to be in the led, pink would be my top choice. All on a relative scale to what I already own. Almost every LED has some sort of color you can see in it.

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep commenting, sorry, but this light is very cool...I even like the blue/grey/purple anno color.

nd22121

Newly Enlightened
Okay can someone give me some opinions. I got the SL2 with the triple option. And love it! Now that the quads are back I want to get the SL2c but I don't know what to get. I like cool tint so I usually stay away from the PDt options. I heard the 219 is a good combination of tint and output. But I like brightness too. I was thinking of XPL CW V6 Dome On. Anyone have this or another version in the quad option who can share their opinion on output and throw?

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was curious the output difference between the 3 and 4 led setup myself.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Okay can someone give me some opinions. I got the SL2 with the triple option. And love it! Now that the quads are back I want to get the SL2c but I don't know what to get. I like cool tint so I usually stay away from the PDt options. I heard the 219 is a good combination of tint and output. But I like brightness too. I was thinking of XPL CW V6 Dome On. Anyone have this or another version in the quad option who can share their opinion on output and throw?

219C is a great color with decent output. Looks to be about the same as XPG2. XPL doem on is very very floody

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the SL2 with XPL dedomed (PDT) and it has a surprising amount of throw. With the lens, all the lumens are crammed into the hot spot, but the hot spot is huge with very little spill. So it's not flooder or thrower in the classic sense, but it's both.

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does the XPL dome on have any throw?
That is what I have. Can you be more specific? It does have the ability to light up my entire garage 50 feet back from it. So of course with optics it has some throw. Now if you are zombie hunting across 2 football fields, this will not due. :D

nd22121

Newly Enlightened
I have the SL2 with XPL dedomed (PDT) and it has a surprising amount of throw. With the lens, all the lumens are crammed into the hot spot, but the hot spot is huge with very little spill. So it's not flooder or thrower in the classic sense, but it's both.

Okay cool. I think that's what I am looking for. I don't want this to somewhat have both I guess if that makes sense. I have the tk75q which is absolutely ridiculous in the flood but not so much throw. Then I have the m2xvn which is awesome for long distance but not so much a huge area of light.

I'm looking for the sl2c option to be the best combo of both granted I know that the throw and flood both cant be ridiculous because it is so small.
But I think maybe the dedome might be what I'm looking for.

What is the color like? I'm into the bright cool white color right now. I assume it's more neutral...
Thanks.

nd22121

Newly Enlightened
That is what I have. Can you be more specific? It does have the ability to light up my entire garage 50 feet back from it. So of course with optics it has some throw. Now if you are zombie hunting across 2 football fields, this will not due. :D

Haha yea sure. I want it to be able to light up a spot say 25-50 yards but still have enough flood where I can see a pretty big area right in front of me.
For example I'm walking down a trail and see something farther up ahead that needs a more focused hot spot but then still have enough flood to be able to light the trail and surrounding wood area right in front of me.

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haha yea sure. I want it to be able to light up a spot say 25-50 yards but still have enough flood where I can see a pretty big area right in front of me.
For example I'm walking down a trail and see something farther up ahead that needs a more focused hot spot but then still have enough flood to be able to light the trail and surrounding wood area right in front of me.
Guess the dedomed option then may be best from what I hear then. I love this light, but yeah, don't think in my setup would work that far out.

nd22121

Newly Enlightened
Guess the dedomed option then may be best from what I hear then. I love this light, but yeah, don't think in my setup would work that far out.

Yea I mean reading previous posts from awhile back referring to the quad option I don't think any option would really disappoint me. I just think I am more amazed at the tiny lights output that can be somewhat of a bright hybrid throw/flooder than some of my bigger lights even though they are beasts in their own right.

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking for differences in output/beam/other if I chose quad over triple. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. :)

Latest posts