• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Slate McLuxIII PD - Going old school???

The Coach

Enlightened
I'm really starting to dig this light. Simple, basic. Any plans of doing another wave someday???? :thinking:

Isak Hawk

Enlightened
I would buy one, or maybe two? :whistle:

All my McGizmo's are Ti and it would be nice to try those smooth aluminum threads people are talking about.

I seem to remember Don saying he needs to order 500 units from the machine shop to make it worthwhile though, so I'm not holding my breath :p

InFlux

Enlightened
I still have mine from the original run. I EDC'd it for almost 2 years before upgrading to Ti, and except for a few light scratches on the tail it still works and looks brand new.

I think they'd sell great. I'd take 'em over a Novatac / Surefire any day.

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I LOVE my McLux III PD. That was the first McGizmo I ever owned. It is a GREAT light!! It has been my EDC since it has arrived!! It IS a fantastic light. I too will take a McGizmo over any other light!!

McGizmoPD.jpg

McGizmoMcLuxIII2.jpg

The Coach

Enlightened
I too will take a McGizmo over any other light!!

Me three!!! I have come to regard McGizmo's as the Striders of the light world. Expensive, but worth every cent. Now, I only buy Striders knives and McGizmo lights. :D

Isak Hawk

Enlightened
Me three!!! I have come to regard McGizmo's as the Striders of the light world. Expensive, but worth every cent. Now, I only buy Striders knives and McGizmo lights. :D

I'd say McGizmo's are more like the Rick Hinderer's of the light world. Both are customs, but not one of a kinds. Both are expensive and kind of hard to find, and both are pretty much the best you can get :)

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 2 still.
I edc a PD which Don modded to a -s/mizer. It is one hell of a light.
They have been in continous service to a couple of years now without a flicker or any digital hiccup.
I love my Titanium Pd's. I have had a hard time replacing what amounys to the perfect light for me with Titanium perfection. So as a result the "OLDER" aluminum units bear the brunt of the work. Fine by me.
Since I have 2 of them I look at one as a backup for the other.
The -s/mizer is the primary EDC.
All that said lights like my HDS EDC' and novatac's are presenting me with some great alternative EDS. I often rotate them into the EDC usage.
Yaesumofo

Fringe

Enlightened
Funny thing with this. I grabed my natural PD with Don modded green lux III to go to the Loo last night and admired it for what it was, light, smooth and wonderfuly useful. I love this light and am so glad I was able to find an original PD after selling mine. Eventhough it has a green LED, it is super useful.

pmsar35

Newly Enlightened
I picked up an HDS B42XRGT because I wanted the multiple light levels for use in SAR...I sometimes need a low level light to read gauges at night but a higher output when searching...I found that I could accidentally turn the HDS on by putting too much pressure on the tailcap switch when placing it back in a holster.

I bought a McGizmo McLuxIII PD and the twisty head with PD has been all that I have needed. I have a Surefire M2 when I need to "reach out" with the light, but 95% of the time, the PD has been all I needed. The HDS has been relegated to the position of a spare light in my radio harness...

Thanks Don! :thumbsup:

The Coach

Enlightened
Picked one up from a Bro on another forum :party:. Now, can anyone fill me in on the history of this particular model? There's not much about it in the FAQ's. Mine has a T bin and a trit in the piston. :thinking:

marcdilnutt

Enlightened
I would love a slate PD to go with my HA3 one. A Q5 WC Cree, miser low level and about 700mA high would kick ***!
Marc

Ivanhoe

Newly Enlightened
I still kick myself for sitting on the fence and then when I was ready to pull the trigger, they were gone.... Bring the blue collar PD back to us common folk Don !! :wave: