So how do you guys carry your SureFires?

prof

Enlightened
I mainly carry in my pants pocket (but I don't carry either of my surefires at work when wearing slacks--there's an Inova X5 in my laptop case if necessary, and an arc on keyring). However I like carrying the L1 in my jacket pocket (coat, not a dress jacket) as it just vanishes.

I've never tried clipping it to a belt--the clip seems to short for that. I agree that I don't like the way it feels when clipped inside a pocket like a knife--rides too high.

I've considered a holster or IWB carry, but the holster just makes it really obvious that I'm carrying a light. I don't think IWB would be comfortable--and woudl have the same problem as clipping within a pocket. I guess I'm still looking for the best solution, also.

Scorpionboy

Newly Enlightened
I had a problem with my L1 clip being a little weaker after I bent it up a little bit to save a pair of my jeans from being chewed up. I later found I wasn't comfortable with it moving around. So I took the clip off, wrapped a cloth around it, and squeezed the bent part with pliers to make it tighter to the flashlight.. works better than when it was new, lots of tension. My jeans also hate me lol.

dougie

Enlightened
I've tried most carry options from Surefire but now only use a V70 for my G2,G2L's or G2Z. and M2. Anything larger than a V70 is too bulky.

For my E2e's I use a Kydex holster on a Tek-Lok. Of course these are only useful if I'm wearing a uniform duty belt. If I'm off duty the light is simply carried in a pocket.

Doug

hassiah

Newly Enlightened
IMO... ConcealCo makes the best leather holsters for all sizes of surefires up through the 6P/G2 and possibly even beyond... turnaround may take some time 'cause it's just one guy making them himself, but the quality is excellent, it is small, conceals well (not a big deal with flashlight holsters, but I like to be low-key anyways), and retains the flashlight excellently without velcro or other closers (it's open-top).

http://www.concealco.com/

Definitely worth a look, and the prices are excellent as well, for what you get.

greenLED

Flashaholic
It depends on the light and which clip it has. Most of the time I just clip them to my pocket. However, the L1 is a little "top heavy" or, rather, the body and clip are just short enough that sometimes the contents of my pocket can push the light upwards into a weird angle (hasn't fallen out, thought). What I've been doing the last few days is just dropping the L1 completely inside my pocket.

The e2e with its longer clip and body length is not a problem, and neither is the A2. The U2 is a breeze to pocket carry since the large bezel is down, but most of the time it sits inside my pack or a coat pocket, just like the A2.

I see you are clipping the light to your belt? I don't think that's as secure as pocket carry, BTW.

violatorjf

Newly Enlightened
Last week I bought my first SF (G2L) and so far I've kept it in an interior coat pocket. Not sure what I'll do when the weather warms up. :sssh:

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
A2 clipped to right trouser pocket.
6PL carried in the same pocket.
8AX in a Maxpedition UFBS on my bag.

That takes care of the EDC. When I'm carrying an M6, it either just goes in the bag or into a D-Cell Maglite belt holder.

Regards,
Tempest

Khaytsus

Enlightened
I have carried my E2e, E2d, L1, L2, C2 and C3 all the same way for years and have never had an issue.

I clip them horizontally through my belt loop just to the left of my belt buckle. This keeps them riding out of the way and easy accessible to my left hand in the event I have to draw my firearm with my right hand.

Give it a shot... you may like it! :)

Interesting, never thought of this.. This is how I prefer my cellphone, over on my right hip, but interesting....

I pocket carry all of my lights, but this is a possibility with a few. Thanks!

cbxer55

Enlightened
Here is how I usually carry my U2.
Not the greatest picture. I can take another one tomorrow if necessary.
Kydex carrier for Razr and Surefire light. Clips to belt.
At the current time I have done away with the heat shrink tubing. It fits fine without it.

Thought I would post a picture of a cool new belt carrier I got from a place called Hoffners.
http://www.hoffners.com/
They call it a combo pouch.
They only make them to fit Surefire 6P,C2,G2.M2,9P diameter lights.
But I know there are quite a few lights out there in that body diameter.
The LED Lensers for example will fit. Plus you can adjust them slightly with the
provided screws.
I modified my U2 to fit. Removed pocket clip and black plastic clip retainer, and put 3 layers of heat shrink tubing in the necked down area. It fits perfectly.
Not sure if they make them for other phones, mine is a RAZR.
Call Brian at 877-463-3637

BTW, it is made of Kydex.

6b0e6c7226d3f7e8ceb37d6edcc052d90_large.jpg

Last edited:

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Spec. Op's Brnad Multi Light Sheath...it's cloth (less body damage), has a strap to "really" secure the light, and has a "nav" hole at the bottom (a small circle of blue thread for 1) Checking your batteries, and 2), to use for reading a map during "black-out" conditions.

Elton

Newly Enlightened
At the current time I have done away with the heat shrink tubing. It fits fine without it.
i like that but didint find it on there site what did that cost you ?

TopGunWgHs

Newly Enlightened
SureFire 6P here, everyday it's on my belt VIA a lenser velcro holster, i cut off the strap over part so it is easier to use. Never leave home without it!

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: So how do you guys carry your Surefire's?

consealco2cropsm.jpg

These cost about $20 and are semi custom made. (don't forget to ask to have your initials embedded)

They are made by a company called concealco and are extremely nice. they have holsters which are just right for all of your surefire's.
At go to the web site and have a look just search for concealco.
Yaesumofo

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast
I already carry my cell phone on my belt, so I really don't want anything else there. If the light doesn't fit my pocket, I'm not likely to carry it. That's why I like single cell lights!

hassiah

Newly Enlightened

consealco2cropsm.jpg

These cost about $20 and are semi custom made. (don't forget to ask to have your initials embedded)

They are made by a company called concealco and are extremely nice. they have holsters which are just right for all of your surefire's.
Yaesumofo

:twothumbs

There's a good pic... these are under-rated IMO... as I stated earlier... worth looking into; an excellent product AND an excellent value. I use one for my 6PL.

hassiah

Newly Enlightened

cbxer55... it looks like there is something under the tail-cap button on that U2 in that dual cell-phone/surefire holster... doesn't that mean the light is turning on whenever you put a little downward pressure on the bezel in bezel-up carry mode? Like if you're wearing a bulky jacket and get in the car, or something?

cbxer55

Enlightened
cbxer55... it looks like there is something under the tail-cap button on that U2 in that dual cell-phone/surefire holster... doesn't that mean the light is turning on whenever you put a little downward pressure on the bezel in bezel-up carry mode? Like if you're wearing a bulky jacket and get in the car, or something?

No it does not turn the light on. Actually it prevents the light from being turned on should you bump into something. The button on the light fits perfectly into that little thing you see. When I get home from work I will take some better pictures.

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast

consealco2cropsm.jpg

Yaesumofo

Wow those look nice. My only concern is that the light is not completely encased, but the leather quality looks nice and very good price!