So how do you guys carry your SureFires?

apdb90

Newly Enlightened
Pocket clippage a la knives sounds good, except the top-heavy head is then left sticking out, and also exposed to damage - have you guys that carry this way found this to be an issue?

Top heavy isn't an issue at all, but again, I'm talking about an E2e. As far as damage, I personally haven't had any issues at all. Granted, I almost always have a t shirt or sweat shirt or jacket or something on covering the pistol so for the most part, the exposed portion of the light is covered as well. But even when it is exposed, I've never had problems damaging it.

precisionworks

Flashaholic
The E2L goes to work every day, in the right jeans pocket, slid as far back as it will go ... half the time I reach for the light, the rest of the time for the knife.

the top-heavy head is then left sticking out
The E2L puts a higher percentage of mass (and the weight of two batteries) in the pocket than the L1. Never yet had it come out. Sometimes the head contacts the inside of the stand-up forklift, and the anodizing will eventually wear, but this is a user light, not a collectors item. The best way to keep any light looking new is to leave it in the box:crazy:

The A2 also carries well in the pocket. Surprisingly, the U2 also fits well - head down & switch up, it is the least conspicuous light to wear with suit pants.

quokked

Enlightened
Maxpedition Universial Baton/Flashlight holder for me here,
http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=0&idproduct=238

It's the best solution that i've found to carry a SF M3 and a SF L5, both larger lights for EDC but i find that this holster is the best for both, :)

Hialarious amounts of Velro attachments and adjustable off the scale too, i can adjust it down to fit my E2d or all the way up to slide in a 6d M@g

Apart from that SF holsters seem to work well for me too :twothumbs

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: So how do you guys carry your Surefire's?

Why is this a concern?
If they are totally encased they might just as well be in your pocket or in your glove box.
These lights are generally designed as tool grade flashlights. The idea is not unlike a firearm.. that the light needs to be accessible...QUICKLY. any sort of flap or something that totally encloses the flashlight adds time to unholstering and engaging it.

The Concealco holster holds the light with a good amount of friction but not enough to make it difficult to unholster just enough to hold it firmly in place. It is adjustable for a custom fit for any light you carry in the holster.
Just break out the large Phillips head and tighten it up as needed.
The idea is to have a secure hold on the light so you don't have to worry about it being there when you need it. The concealco is underrated no doubt about it. it is also understated.
This design makes for ease of use and good security.
I carry several different flashlights with these. there is one size which holds most of my single cell lights some require a small adjustment. This makes it a very flexible system.

For the price around $25 delivered you really can't find any leather which can match it. I have some much more expensive leather which is very nice but these are far more edc friendly.

You other option if you want to spend at least 2X as much is to go to art of the hide and beg Matt to make you something.
He does amazing work and will make your holster to your exact specs.
Not cheap. He uses exotic shins like snake, lizard, Rey, and so on.
Last I heard Matt was not doing flashlight based work but he has in the past...
ARTOFTHEHIDE.com

Wow those look nice. My only concern is that the light is not completely encased, but the leather quality looks nice and very good price!

Latest posts