So I found out today that my fiance is pregnant...

foxtrot29

Enlightened
x2 !!

My 3 Y/O daughters EDC is a pink solitaire in her Ariel backpack, and Disney Princess 2AA for around the house.

My 6 Y/O sons EDC is a 1AA generic-Chinese thumb clicky in his nemo backpack, and a Nemo water submersible 2AA for around the house. Ironically this is the only light in the house thats marketed as water submersible. His Coleman light show torch on the far right is what he sleeps with on his night stand.

Not pictured is my wifes energizer 1AA from Target.

My 3 most used lights are in front.

:D

dscn0532mx8.jpg

Actually, my fiance is also an LEO, so she's already got a light or two, and isn't as interested as I am in getting another. (but I do keep pushing). But good points brought up as to why at least a second light should be purchased...

On another note, my fiance has been reading all these posts, and is grateful for all the congratulations -- you guys are making her feel great! :)

Burgess

Flashaholic
Best of Luck (and health) to you, and to the new Mom-to-be.

:wave:
_

brucec

Enlightened
... and this translates into me being allowed to buy a new flashlight for some reason! I'm thinking about a Nitecore Extreme! Any suggestions?!

:oops:

Congratulations to you both! Although somehow I don't see how this is related to getting a new light. Kind of like a "bonus" for you for a job well done? That's brilliant!

riceboy72

Newly Enlightened
Congratulations On The New Addition To The Family

Yep, congrats on the new addition to the family ... both of them.

Your family is about to grow.

Your flashlight family? Yep, that, too!

Best to both mom and baby for a very healthy pregnancy!

foxtrot29

Enlightened
Well, turns out I went with what I was originally interested in. Got a Nitecore Extreme on the way. I've already got a D10 and an E01 for the low light needs...

Threads to follow on what light the kid should be EDC'g! lol (coming in 8 months -- hey, gotta start them early)

Illum

Flashaholic
AAA light be a choking hazard, I'd stick with something greater than AA, and something with less knurling preferably smooth.

carpet is like sandpaper for the baby's skin...I dunno what knurling might do:candle:

DM51

Flashaholic
LOL, you do realise this is a test of your attitude, don't you? If you pick the wrong light, there will be hell to pay.

To pass the test, you will be expected to choose something like this:

PinkPig.jpg

Marduke

Flashaholic
LOL, you do realise this is a test of your attitude, don't you? If you pick the wrong light, there will be hell to pay.

To pass the test, you will be expected to choose something like this:

I thought it was something more like this :naughty:

fenix-diffuser-tip-red.jpg

Hmm, never mind, that might lead to another "opps".....

But wait, does't that mean another flashlight?? I think I just found the greatest flashaholic loophole ever* :twothumbs

*not responsible for unintended side effects

Last edited:

brucec

Enlightened
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but on a serious note, babies' eyes are more sensitive to bright lights. In fact, it is best to avoid even camera flashes. That means 200+ lumen "extreme" lights.

And getting pregnant before married is no big deal. More or less modus operandi these days. Just enjoy it!

_Shawn_

Newly Enlightened

LOL, All I could think of when seeing that finix with that odd red filter was... ohhh, Found it! There's that spot.

But seriously, Congratulations! The wedding planning is going to be even more "fun" with one on the way.

foxtrot29

Enlightened

Hmm, never mind, that might lead to another "opps".....

But wait, does't that mean another flashlight?? I think I just found the greatest flashaholic loophole ever* :twothumbs

Possibly the most expensive loophole ever though. lol

Taboot

Enlightened
Hey, congratulations!! I've got 3 boys, the oldest being only 2 years old.:eek:

My recommendation is to get a light that has an easy-to-access low setting. My wife, who has no particular affinity for flashlights would grab my P3D (which was set to low) to check the babies while they were sleeping. It also tailstands, which is good for changing diapers in the dark. Also, it's super bright in Turbo mode and therefore a cool light for me :D. As the kids get older, they invariably turn on the light and shine it directly into their eyes, so watch out for that.

In any case, good luck and enjoy,

Mike

foxtrot29

Enlightened
Hey, congratulations!! I've got 3 boys, the oldest being only 2 years old.:eek:

My recommendation is to get a light that has an easy-to-access low setting. My wife, who has no particular affinity for flashlights would grab my P3D (which was set to low) to check the babies while they were sleeping. It also tailstands, which is good for changing diapers in the dark. Also, it's super bright in Turbo mode and therefore a cool light for me :D. As the kids get older, they invariably turn on the light and shine it directly into their eyes, so watch out for that.

In any case, good luck and enjoy,

Mike

Well, this will be my first (and unexpected). But I'm happy about it. Already got plenty of good lights for low mode. This one is for me! :)

hangn_9

Newly Enlightened
My suggestion is one that can be washed,,,,alot, over and over and over. And also one can be washed alot.

And one that can hold ear plugs. And one that doesnt need to feel supported.
And one that doesnt take over your lazy boy because its ankles are swollen.

And will light up those little wooden alphabet blocks on the floor at night when your tired and carring a load of hazmat down the stairs.

Or one that you can shine at your little one causing it to freeze like a deer in the headlights so you and your significant other can have 5 minutes alone. And one that can be washed alot.

I digress.

congradulations
hangn
(girl 6, boy8 best thing that has ever happend to me)

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Yeah, that's what made it nice, or sweet or something along those lines.
I give no sarcasm.
Kids can be alot of headache and trouble but there's also the unconditional love factor too.