So I found out today that my fiance is pregnant...

foxtrot29

Enlightened
Yeah, that's what made it nice, or sweet or something along those lines.
I give no sarcasm.
Kids can be alot of headache and trouble but there's also the unconditional love factor too.

You all forget the important thing is that I got a Nitecore Extreme out of the deal. Oh, and this too:

http://i6.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/e9/9b/96aa_1.JPG

(minus the blonde -- but I'm sure my redhead will fit it just fine!)

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Spent the evening with my daughter at a Dollar Tree. Gave her a couple bucks for doing well on her school work and told her she could have anything in the store. What'd she walk out with...
dscn0544vd9.jpg

Thats my girl!!:twothumbs

firefly99

Enlightened
... and this translates into me being allowed to buy a new flashlight for some reason! I'm thinking about a Nitecore Extreme! Any suggestions?!:oops:

Congratulations! "A new flashlight ?"

First, you should get the Surefire titan for your wife to thank her for the effort.

Next get yourself a Surefire L1, it is dim enough to check on the baby.

Get some Glo Toobs for baby, it will make baby bath time more fun.

foxtrot29

Enlightened
Congratulations! "A new flashlight ?"

First, you should get the Surefire titan for your wife to thank her for the effort.

Next get yourself a Surefire L1, it is dim enough to check on the baby.

Get some Glo Toobs for baby, it will make baby bath time more fun.

Anyone know a good supplier for the Glo Toobs?

foxtrot29

Enlightened
Anyone know a good supplier for the Glo Toobs?

Damnit! I didn't know these things existed. Now I've got two glow tubes on the way! ARGH! A green Lithium one and a white FX (older model).

<sigh>

I think I'm going to have to leave CPF for a while... very very soon.

Rossymeister

Enlightened
Where Did You Order Them From?

Oh, This Is Only The Tip Of The Iceberg. This Hobby Gets More Expensive Every Day.

foxtrot29

Enlightened
Where Did You Order Them From?

Oh, This Is Only The Tip Of The Iceberg. This Hobby Gets More Expensive Every Day.

Oh, I know, I've already got more than a dozen lights, several of them surefires.... Got a few nitecores now too... Although our financial situation is comfortable, we have a lot of expenses coming (even now with the new house), so there are going to be no new toys for a while --and I think the only way to really resist is to leave CPF! hahaha

The glowtoob was suggested above as a "baby/bathtime" playtoy, but I think it's going to be my playtoy.

I ordered the lithium green one off ebay for 39.99, and the white FX one from batteryjunction... 18.99? or 18 something anyway... plus ordered 5 spare batteries for it. Those weird *** 23A ones.

tapedeck74

Newly Enlightened
Congratulations.
My daughter turned 2 in June. She LOVES flashlights and currently has a Pelican Tracker, a 2AA Maglite and a cheapo clicky LED.
Whenever we go to the "sporting goods" store and go to the flashlight aisle she approaches wide eyed and says "oooooh, look at that one". :)

foxtrot29

Enlightened
Oh, I know, I've already got more than a dozen lights, several of them surefires.... Got a few nitecores now too... Although our financial situation is comfortable, we have a lot of expenses coming (even now with the new house), so there are going to be no new toys for a while --and I think the only way to really resist is to leave CPF! hahaha

The glowtoob was suggested above as a "baby/bathtime" playtoy, but I think it's going to be my playtoy.

I ordered the lithium green one off ebay for 39.99, and the white FX one from batteryjunction... 18.99? or 18 something anyway... plus ordered 5 spare batteries for it. Those weird *** 23A ones.

Damnit, now I've got every color on the way except for red. <sigh>

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
The Disney store, I actually have one.

Strange faceted reflector with slits in it so light can escape the sides and strike some colored plastic jewels in the bezel. Lanyard is a little girly for me though.
:shakehead

It's really the step-daughter's!

verbie

Enlightened
The Disney store, I actually have one.

Strange faceted reflector with slits in it so light can escape the sides and strike some colored plastic jewels in the bezel. Lanyard is a little girly for me though.
:shakehead

It's really the step-daughter's!
Thanks! I couldn't find it online so I guess I have to go out to the store. :)

Burgess

Flashaholic
And not just Flashlights, either !

You can "invest" in Radio-Controlled :

Cars, Trucks, Airplanes, Helicopters, Boats, etc.

All in the name of "Hey, it's for Junior !" :naughty:

Know what i mean ? ? ?

"Gee, Honey . . . ."

"We've gotta' get a Big Screen, High Definition TV"

"You don't want him to strain his little eyes, do you ?"

:mecry:

Likewise for purchasing camera / video equipment,
to record his/her First-Steps, Birthdays, School, Vacations, etc.

See the pattern developing here ?

Now, you've got an EXCUSE to buy toys. :whistle:

Just a little food for thought.

:devil:
_

mikel81

Newly Enlightened
Congrats on the new flashlight, oh and the baby. My boys are 3 and 4, and just started carrying their own flashlights. It makes me so happy to see them copy everything I do. They EDC some DX coin cell lights I tied on paracord lanyards, but if we go out they each have an L1D.

Good luck,
-ML
:wave: