so much to learn

sabre7

Enlightened
Hey guys, :welcome:

You won't be disappointed with Fenix L2D or L1D. You will be amazed with the AAA sized Fenix L0D Q4 too.

Even better advice--hide your wallets!!! :broke:

daribbler

Newly Enlightened
So I just received my RC-N3 Q5 and all I have to say is...wow. I never seen a little flashlight be so bright before. I think I'm addicted lol. And to think that theres brighter and better flashlights out there is crazy.
I have a feeling in a few months I'm going to be searching for another flashlight just for the hell of it. Now I can't wait until it gets dark outside so I can see how bright it is in the dark. :twothumbs

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Romisens are fairly nice quality but may not have quite the 'wow' factor that some others have. I've been on the AA watch lately to get some lights for friends and have been looking mostly at lights under $20 to $30. There are a number on DX with Q5 Cree and Rebel Led's that you'd probably like. MTE is a good brand too you'll find on DX. I especially like a $17 light on DX with a Rebel - just search for Rebel based lights and you'll see it - it's multimode also and very small. Good luck in your search and :welcome:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I'm glad you like the light!

I'd suggest start saving for a HID light or a Hotwire Incan(do you have any Maglites?).

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I just received my RC-N3 Q5 and all I have to say is...wow. I never seen a little flashlight be so bright before. I think I'm addicted lol. And to think that theres brighter and better flashlights out there is crazy.

That was my first reaction (and the reaction of a lot of other people when using decent lights at night ;))

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, I am the type that always wants the best.
That very attitude will accelerate your transition from n00b to knowledgeable contributer in no time :) If on a budget, look to Fenix, NiteCore and Dereelight. If on a shoestring budget, save up until you have enough for a Fenix, NiteCore, or Dereelight. And do not discount rechargeable Li-ions as a power source as you will never reach your goal of having the best without experiencing a light powered off of them. Browse on over to CPF's Custom & Mod B/S/T when you are ready to step up to the next level :twothumbs .

Last edited:

bdws1975

Newly Enlightened
I agree. Regardless of what I buy, I want the best I can afford. I'm really loving surefire so far. I do feel some customs coming on though...:)

take care,
brett

daribbler

Newly Enlightened
Fenix does seem like a brand everyone is fond with. I always hear it mentioned regardless of what thread I'm in. If I buy another light I think it'll be a Fenix or some sort of crazy modded light that will blind someone lol. But I would love an HID light. But then again there's no way I'm spending a few hundred on a flashlight. At least not yet. :laughing: