Solarforce L2D flashlight body Review & Teardown

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I purchased a Solarforce L2D body to mate to a Masterpiece Pro-1 moded head.

The L2D is a new body in the Solarforce line and the first to have a reverse click side switch.

web-IGP9930_zps05a8f420.jpg

It is a good, well made body, but with a HUGE disadvantage!
HUGE parasitic resistance!

My measurements show a drop at 2/3rds of the original amp draw with both Linear (AMC7135 chips) and Direct Drive XML drivers (PWM)

FAIL!!!!!!!!

Being stuck with it, I proceeded in disassembling it with the purpose of seeing how I can fix the huge electrical resistance.

So here goes….

Simple tailcap off…hmmm! that spring has long and thin wire, it has to go…

web-IGP9928_zps21861972.jpg

Removing the head….

web-IGP9926_zpscdbece10.jpg

Removing the drop-in socket. In the body there is a ring and a contact plate in its center. There lay the drop-ins springs.

web-IGP9925_zps099a7325.jpg

The side switch cover retainer screws off. Then you push the switch module out the front.

web-IGP9924_zpsa5471dfd.jpg

Switch cover and switch module (back side) removed. Pretty flimsy and soft contact spring for the battery. This will have to go.

web-IGP9921_zps039753e7.jpg

Other side view of the parts

web-IGP9920_zps8637a314.jpg

Switch module disassembled.

web-IGP9919_zpsc557a4ba.jpg

What? That thin a positive contact wire?

Switch seems to be the standard Solarforce reverse click switch.. maybe I can fit a forward click one in there?

That's all folks for now, I will be updating this topic with the moding process.

Last edited:
Re: Solarforce L2D flashlight body Review

Thanks for the teardown. It looks like a good candidate for a 10 amp judco switch.

Thanks for the review. I was looking at that body the other day, glad I passed.