Solarforce T4 Full Kit Review

rizky_p

Flashlight Enthusiast
No company produces 100% perfect output, especially with brand new product introductions. Including Mercedes, BMW, Surefire, et al!

Solarforce has clearly demonstrated with their L2 and L2m lines that they are determined, serious players building serious quality flashlights! I say give them a little time to get this thing dialed-in and it will be S-W-E-E-T in a variety of packaging/finish options!

Agreed on that. The kit look awesome but i dont like the headlamp .

Jimdo

Newly Enlightened
DHART,
Packaging is certainly one field that they aren't doing so well in, I wish beyond wish that they would put the product out in a 'box' similar to Olight, Fenix, Surefire, etc.
But alas, they do not...
Maybe someday.

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
With the amazing low price for the L2, if giving up a fancy box is the cost and the light still arrives undamaged, I can easily forgo packaging which is likely discarded and unneeded once you get the product anyway. Olight, Fenix, Surefire charge a LOT more money which easily covers their cost of more expensive packaging. I'd prefer Solarforce focus on keeping their quality high, pricing low, and skip fancy packaging.

rmteo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Agreed. My L2's came in the holster which I feel protected them as well as any fancy packaging - and is a useful accessory as well. When you consider that $25 (inclusive of shipping) gets you a really well built light, a useable 18650 battery and a holster, I feel that they are a best buy in this category.

nakahoshi

Flashlight Enthusiast
That single cell body is too much of a copy to a SureFire E1X body.:thumbsdow

I know they are not the first ones to do it, but its a shame they cant be more original. They are developing a really big following here, they should be able to create unique lights for the masses.

Thanks for the review
-Bobby

choaticwhisper

Enlightened
Alot of people like the surefire style but the price and the output(I know about real lumens) just dont match with what else is available.

Just about everything great is copied or imitation is the best form of flattery (Or something like that.)

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well the L2 is a 6P clone and the L2m is a 3P clone, and most of us are thrilled with those Solarforce offerings for quality, features, and price. So it's not much of a leap for this to be something of an E1x clone. That doesn't bother me at all if it's a great quality light, with additional features, and a wonderfully low price. I already have my fill of Surefire E1x lights though.

RGB_LED

Enlightened
As usual, a comprehensive review ernsanada. Good job. I like the more than passing resemblance to the SF E1 series lights - definitely makes it a small package.

Reminds me of the Sterops 4 in 1 light.
Either way, nice light and Thanks for the review!
Good catch... I have one of those Sterops kits when they were being sold on CPF MP a couple of years ago. And, IIRC, the kit was also sold under the Phoebus name as well.

The kit was a great idea but, as noted in the review, attaching the lantern was a bit counterintuitive. The headlamp was definitely a weakness in the kit but it was a cool idea that the LED / bezel could be removed and attached to a headlamp.

Looks like this SF is a good update with Q5 led and Low / High settings. The lantern and the 1CR123 / 2xAA compatibility are definitely the bonuses to this kit.

jenskh

Enlightened
I got my Solarforce kit today. Everything works, and I really like this flexible combination. In fact, I especially like the head lamp.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got my Solarforce kit today. Everything works, and I really like this flexible combination. In fact, I especially like the head lamp.

The headlamp was the main reason for me purchasing the kit but unfortunately my headlamp has a bad switch.

jake25

Enlightened
Ernsanada I'm shipping you a new headlamp in the morning, tomorrow. I just got done talking w/ Solarforce asking if they had spare parts.