• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD.. McG Sapphire (Original) with PRICE DROP!

HKdude

Newly Enlightened
I've got an original Sapphire for sale, in very nice condition. It has a few small key marks/scratches from pocket carry, and it has a slightly off center LED. Or might be the seal around the LED is off center, hard to tell. I didn't notice this as the beam looks fine and on center, but a fellow CPF'er pointed it out. It looks kinda wonkie when off, so I dropped a pad of QTC material in the bottom of the tube and got it to light up at a very low level, then photographed the LED. Neat idea, huh?
Anyways, this doesn't seem to have any effect on the beam pattern, but might drive those with OCD a little crazy, so check out those photos.
IMGP4304.jpgIMGP4302.jpgIMGP4657.jpg

SOLD..... $100 delivered to your door. Paypal only. I'll cover the PP fees
I ship to US addresses via USPS
PM for Paypal payment address
Please pay within 24 hrs of Payment arrangement.

Thanks for shopping!

Last edited:

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
Re: WTS: McG Sapphire (Original) with a lazy eye.

That's so close to perfectly centered it's crazy! The sapphire is a floody light without a reflector, and as the OP said, it won't make any difference to the beam pattern. Nice light. Do you remember which emitter is in this one?

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast

it sounds like one of these, w 3mm LED, if its from 2009
similar lazy eyes..

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...re-AAA-Light&p=2866119&viewfull=1#post2866119
The LE I am using consists of a Nichia 310DS LED and it is overdriven at leat initially by the converter provided by Arc. Arc has had extensive experience with the converter and the Nichia LED's and I defer to their expertise on these matters.
DSC_1315.jpg

the light engine changed in 2011, and continued to offer the 3mm LED
plus there was a new 5mm LED option in 2011, and again in 2016

Last edited:

HKdude

Newly Enlightened

Thank you Jon, I believe you are correct sir.

I bought this a few years ago from a member here, it's a first generation Sapphire.

HKdude

Newly Enlightened

Come on folks, it's had therapy, accepts it's "impairment", and is living a quiet, happy life. Take it home.....won't you?

nbp

Flashaholic
Re: WTS: McG Sapphire (Original) with PRICE DROP!

Ah dang, for that price who can resist a second Sapphire?! I'll take it! Please PM PP info.

To be honest this one would get more love than the one I have which is a rare Sapphire Mule and I'm afraid to lose it as they NEVER come up for sale.

nbp

Flashaholic

And as I have said before, why buy a cheap bright light when a dim expensive one will do?!

HKdude

Newly Enlightened

Well howdy, you have good taste my friend. I'll get that out to you in the morning.

Thanks!

Packed and shipped. 2/1/19 On t's way to cold country....

Last edited:

Latest posts