• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD OUT : Cree XR-E R2/WG available from stock - only 9 USD each

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: @@@ Cree XR-E R2/WG available from stock @@@ only 9 USD each @@@

Hi Raf,

I've not yet received a refund for my previous order of one bare R2, and one PCB mounted. Therefore, I'd like to ask the same question some others have, as it would help me decide what to do next.

Are these the lost emitters that finally showed up, or are they from a new order? Reason I ask is if they are the ones that appeared to be lost, there may be a chance the PCB mounted ones may get delivered as well. If luck has it that they do get delivered reasonably soon, then I'd like to stick with my original order.

If the R2's in this thread are from a fresh order that you've made, then I'll take two. Since my Paypal to you was for $25, please keep the $2 difference as a very small token of appreciation for your troubles.

But first, I'd appreciate knowing the answer to my question. :D

Thanks, for your efforts here, and in past sales. :thumbsup:
This is a fresh order. I refunded everyone's money, this is the data I have for your refund :
Date: 12 Jun. 2008
Time: 18:08:07 CEST

So please transfer the money again if you want these beauties :) Thanks!

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast

All orders have been shipped!

Jumi

Enlightened

CC PP sent for
4x XR-E R2 WG+ shipping +fees
Total 43.05$

Juha

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast

I hope these will have better performance than ones that were out a few months ago. The last batch of R2s I got from CPF member Endeavor looked about the same as Q5s I already had. Glad that these are WG tint as I feel they look more plain white than WC, which is supposed to be pure white. I often find that WC looks more cool white than it does plain or pure white.

Fulgeo

Enlightened

:paypal: for 5 Emitters.

($45.00 + $5.00) * 1.05 = $52.50 Total.

Thanks in advance!

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,

Glad that these are WG tint as I feel they look more plain white than WC, which is supposed to be pure white. I often find that WC looks more cool white than it does plain or pure white.

I agrere. All the WCs I've had are cool white. However, WCs are labelled as cool white rather than neutral white. It's in the pdf & even the bin label for WC says cool white on it.

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast

I agrere. All the WCs I've had are cool white. However, WCs are labelled as cool white rather than neutral white. It's in the pdf & even the bin label for WC says cool white on it.

Which is what I thought all along, but many here have said that WC shows up as pure white on the charts. Here's what Endeavor said with the R2 WCs he is offering right now: "These are R2 WC LEDs, the brightest, and whitest currently available - we're looking at 114 Lumens minimum from the LED and WC is the most centralized white bin of the lot". Unless people are interpreting "most centralized" as pure white, I think there seems to be some confusion here. And of course in real use, we can agree that WC is a cool white. Also, it almost seems like WC is usually one of the more available tints that dealers sell all the time. My guess is perhaps WC is easier for Cree to make and also, cool white seems to be very popular with alot of people. I used to prefer the "HID look" of cool white until I started using my flashlights outdoors.

cloud

Newly Enlightened

Raf, resending PP payment.... 2 emitters $18.00 postage $ 5.00.... total $ 23.00 thanks

Last edited:

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for the answers, Raf! The refund showed up in PP in a different spot than I expected, but found it, and it also posted to my bank last night.

:paypal: for two emitters. As mentioned previously, I also included the $2 difference from the last order, and was also able to pay non-CC this time.

Thanks for making these available!

maxspeeds

Flashlight Enthusiast

:paypal: for 2 bare emitters. Thanks!:tinfoil:

hjdca

Newly Enlightened

Paypal sent for 2 bare emitters, thanks for making this available for us !!:paypal:

GeorgeMaggos

Newly Enlightened

Hey Raf,

:paypal: cash just sent for 5 Cree XR-E R2/WG emitters :)

Thank you for all your time & effort I appreciate it.

~George

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast

I hope these will have better performance than ones that were out a few months ago. The last batch of R2s I got from CPF member Endeavor looked about the same as Q5s I already had. Glad that these are WG tint as I feel they look more plain white than WC, which is supposed to be pure white. I often find that WC looks more cool white than it does plain or pure white.
Currently I don't have a luxmeter with me, but to my eyes they look a little brighter and whiter than recent Q5/WH's I obtained. However you also have to take into account that binning systems have certain margins. I've seen LEDs from the same tint bin which were varying in tint from slightly warm white, to pure white, to angry blue white. Also the fluxbin has a margin, for Crees this is 7 percent. So in worst case scenario you can have a Q5 which gets to 121 lumen (= maximum of this bin plus 7 percent margin) at 350 mA and an R2 which gets to 99.51 lumen (= minimum of the bin minus 7 percent margin) which means the R2 is 18 percent dimmer than the Q5. On the other hand you can have a Q5 of 99.51 lumen (= minumum of the bin minus 7 percent margin) at 350 mA and an R2 of 129.5 lumen (= maximum of this bin plus 7 percent margin), which means your R2 is 30 percent brighter than the Q5.

One thing is sure of these : my girlfriend is very happy with her Wee NS R2/WG :)

All the best to you!

maxspeeds

Flashlight Enthusiast

How is the tint on your girlfriend's new Cree WG? :popcorn:

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast

:paypal: for 5 Emitters.
($45.00 + $5.00) * 1.05 = $52.50 Total.

Thanks in advance!
Order shipped, thanks!

Raf, resending PP payment.... 2 emitters $18.00 postage $ 5.00.... total $ 23.00 thanks
Thanks for the re-payment :) Order shipped!

Thanks for the answers, Raf! The refund showed up in PP in a different spot than I expected, but found it, and it also posted to my bank last night.

:paypal: for two emitters. As mentioned previously, I also included the $2 difference from the last order, and was also able to pay non-CC this time.

Thanks for making these available!
Glad you found it, your order is shipped!

:paypal: for 2 bare emitters. Thanks!:tinfoil:
Aloha from Belgium! Order shipped!

Paypal sent for 2 bare emitters, thanks for making this available for us !!:paypal:
Thank you, order shipped!
Hey Raf,

:paypal: cash just sent for 5 Cree XR-E R2/WG emitters :)

Thank you for all your time & effort I appreciate it.

~George
Worldwide priority mail coming your way :)

Time for a break from studying, going for a beer and a smoke with my Czech friend. Good night folks!

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast

How is the tint on your girlfriend's new Cree WG? :popcorn:
- "Look, I upgraded the emitter. It's brighter and the tint is whiter now."
= "Whiter? It was white and still is."
*Erasmus gets out a whole rig of lights
- "Yeah but I mean the tint, look that one is more purple and that one is warm white."
= "They all look white to me."
- "I love you!"

Trying to explain flashaholic things to others is like explaining Belgian politics. You're a fool if you do so because you fail anyway.

AdamW

Newly Enlightened

PayPal sent for 6 bare emitters.

Thank you again!