• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD OUT: Flute Ti - Nichia 219 twisty AA with 3D trit and glow

MDJAK

Newly Enlightened
Re: Flute Ti - Nichia 219 twisty AA with 3D trit and glow

I want one. Pm'd re how much to send if I want it to look as the pics you posted. Don't know how may trits that is. Soon as you let me know, I'll paypal the dough.

Thanks,
mark

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast

I want one. Pm'd re how much to send if I want it to look as the pics you posted. Don't know how may trits that is. Soon as you let me know, I'll paypal the dough.

Thanks,
mark

From Tain's email to me... (not sure if his pp is in first post & I won't post it...)
7 trits, 6 around the tail (visible from inside & out), one down the center

Price
7 trits base light: $245 each
1.5mm x 6mm trit: $8.5 each

Shipping
Registered Airmail $5 (up to two lights)

For example if you order one 7-trit Flute Ti,
Base light: $245
Trits: $8.5 x 7
Shipping: $5
Total: $309.5

MDJAK

Newly Enlightened

thank you for that information. Can you tell me, when you say one down the center, is that around the LED? Am I looking at the wrong end when it seems as if there's trits in the head also surrounding the LED? Is that a photo of the back and I'm just a dope? Which is entirely possible

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast

thank you for that information. Can you tell me, when you say one down the center, is that around the LED? Am I looking at the wrong end when it seems as if there's trits in the head also surrounding the LED? Is that a photo of the back and I'm just a dope? Which is entirely possible
The trits are installed only on the tail of the light. There are six around the tail, and one in the center of the tail (this is possible because the light doesn't have a switch on the tail - it instead uses a twisty interface).

The total cost provided by nfetterly is correct.

MDJAK

Newly Enlightened

Thank you again. One further question. What then causes the blue glow around the emitter?

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast

epoxy with glow powder mixed in it

MDJAK

Newly Enlightened

Paypal sent. Thank you

mark

mode-locker

Newly Enlightened

pp sent, ice blue and yellow, ice blue center, blue glow, thanks!

bmstrong

Flashlight Enthusiast

Would like to see a couple daylight pics of the tail, and one without trits installed. Please, and thanks?

Tain

Enlightened

Thank you all for answering the questions for me.

1. The total that nfetterly posted is correct.
2. The glow is from a glow sticker, not glow power epoxy. It it easier if you decide to change to different color.

Paypal sent. Thank you

mark

Payment received and confirmed, thank you. I need to check the trit color availability and get back to you on the shipping date.

pp sent, ice blue and yellow, ice blue center, blue glow, thanks!

Payment received and confirmed, thank you. I need to check the trit color availability and get back to you on the shipping date.

Would like to see a couple daylight pics of the tail, and one without trits installed. Please, and thanks?

Please me give a few days, I am getting the first batch light ready. I will post more photo on Tuesday or Wednesday night.

bmstrong

Flashlight Enthusiast

Please me give a few days, I am getting the first batch light ready. I will post more photo on Tuesday or Wednesday night.

Sure. Many thanks.

I'm not familiar with a glow sticker, can someone show us what it is and how hard it is to remove or change it? Is there an option for one without this feature and the Trits installed? Or going plain jane: No Trits and Glow Power.

What size are the lanyard holes?

How many of you guys have used the Nichia 219 92+ CRI before? One of the best? (I've never used a CRI before in a light.)

This has the ability to tailstand?

Thanks!

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast

The Nichia 219 puts out pure white light with high color rendition. On the latest pages of the Malkoff thread, there are comparisons of the Nichia 219 and the XP-G2 N. Beamshots and discussion of the pro / cons of each. There are other threads you can search for that discuss this topic. The Nichia 219, IMO, puts out wonderful light even if it is not as efficient or powerful as some other emitters.

AZVern

Newly Enlightened

:paypal: For all blue!

lensman

Newly Enlightened

On the latest pages of the Malkoff thread, there are comparisons of the Nichia 219 and the XP-G2 N. Beamshots and discussion of the pro / cons of each.
Would you mind pointing me to this thread? I couldn't find it. I know, I know... I must be getting old.

Edit: Found!

Last edited:

Tain

Enlightened

Sure. Many thanks.

I'm not familiar with a glow sticker, can someone show us what it is and how hard it is to remove or change it? Is there an option for one without this feature and the Trits installed? Or going plain jane: No Trits and Glow Power.

What size are the lanyard holes?

How many of you guys have used the Nichia 219 92+ CRI before? One of the best? (I've never used a CRI before in a light.)

This has the ability to tailstand?

Thanks!

More photos added on the post #1.

You can choose no glow and no trits.

4mm lanyard holes

It is tailstand able.

Tain

Enlightened

The Nichia 219 puts out pure white light with high color rendition. On the latest pages of the Malkoff thread, there are comparisons of the Nichia 219 and the XP-G2 N. Beamshots and discussion of the pro / cons of each. There are other threads you can search for that discuss this topic. The Nichia 219, IMO, puts out wonderful light even if it is not as efficient or powerful as some other emitters.

Would you mind pointing me to this thread? I couldn't find it. I know, I know... I must be getting old.

Edit: Found!

Thank you for the information.

Doc

Enlightened

PayPal sent! 1ea green glow green trits. Thanks, Doc