• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Sold Out: Hi/Low beam spring for ARC LSH

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Hi/Low beam spring for ARC LSH

[ QUOTE ]
Just an update... I got 14 packages back in the mail today due to insufficient postage. They were mailed thursday and friday. I just learned that if your envelope is more than 1/4 inch thick you have to add 12 cents. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif Sheesh! Who'd a thunk.

I remailed all of them today. Sorry about the delay.

Daniel

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, yes. The "non-machinable surcharge", I remember it well. I discovered it when I started doing the Z57 mods. Any envelope less than 1 oz. but thicker than 1/4" requires an additional .12 postage.

Peter

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just an update... I got 14 packages back in the mail today due to insufficient postage. They were mailed thursday and friday. I just learned that if your envelope is more than 1/4 inch thick you have to add 12 cents. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif Sheesh! Who'd a thunk.

I remailed all of them today. Sorry about the delay.

Daniel

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, yes. The "non-machinable surcharge", I remember it well. I discovered it when I started doing the Z57 mods. Any envelope less than 1 oz. but thicker than 1/4" requires an additional .12 postage.

Peter

[/ QUOTE ]

Been there, done that. Mine was a package of Nichia LEDs that got returned for the same reason.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast

I just want to say that i've been pounding, twisting, and pushing on this modified tail switch since last week and it is still going strong.

I did manage to break it a little on my first installation attempt however. The point where the spring/resistor is epoxied to the washer comes apart easily IF YOU DON'T READ THE INSTRUCTIONS. Apparently i didn't read the part where Daniel says to use a pick to remove the spring from the kroll switch. It appears that the epoxy isn't strong enoegh to hold.

Daniel, i did manage to fix it however. I used good 'ol super glue. It appears to be much stronger now and i'm able to remove the spring as i please...so far without fear of doing any further damage to the unit. What do u think about using super glue?

THANKS for making such a usefull tool.

coyote

Flashlight Enthusiast

fantastic!!!!
i ordered three of them. it took only seconds to install each one. i only had to scrape the Kroll out a little to get it to drop in and then after testing it (as per excellent instructions) i clipped the spring back to make it work perfectly.
i HIGHLY recommend this product to all Arc LS owners.
fyi-
installed in my Arc LSL-S, the low beam is slightly less than my Arc AAA.
installed in an Arc LSH-P, the beam is brighter than the Arc AAA and even slightly brighter than my Arc AA.
they make an excellent alternative to the Arc4.

thus, if you have any Arc LS flashlights, you need this proiduct

-coyote

alanhuth

Newly Enlightened

Got my two. Fantastic!! Any chance of a version for the SF clicky?

LightScene

Enlightened

Has anybody tried these with the 2AA battery pack and NiMh's?

gadget_lover

Flashaholic

Alan. Glad you like it.

There's a way to do it with the SF clicky, but it requires modifying the tailcap. I've worked out the mechanics but haven't tried one yet. A simple spring replacement will not do the trick.

LightScene. Yes, I have used it with the 2aa battery pack (2AA TSP). For NiMH you'd probably want the 7.5 ohm model, but the 10 ohm will work.

Just for a recap;

To get ARC AAA level;
LIGHT ------------- Resistance
ARC LS Premium 10 ohms
ARC LS Standard 7.5
Arc LS 2AA NiMH 7.5

Reduced light levels for lux V (guesstimates)
2x123 33 or 66
Direct Drive at 9 volts 66

Daniel

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast

I also have been messing around with mine. One of them is just the right size that the size of the Kroll holds it in place. The other one is smaller so it slips in & out and I'm afraid I'd loose it when I'm doing a battery change.

Any ideas on a fix since I don't want to glue it in just yet or should I send it back?

Also, how much can I trim down on the spring? I have to unscrew my 1 123 pack enough that it exposes the O-ring to make it dim. I don't want to clip too much...

jdriller

Flashlight Enthusiast

Bug,

Same as mine. I cut it so there is only 1.5 turns of the spring. Works great. Advice, a little at a time. It don't grow back /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

stykeeryce

Newly Enlightened

Just got mine today. Great mod Gadget. It also seemed to fix the flickering problem i was having when i turn on the light. It used to flicker when the battery was dying. But now it dosent flicker at all. Wonderful!

gadget_lover

Flashaholic

Thnaks for the feedback, Guys.

BuglightGeek; I wish that I had control over the Kroll manufacturing so that I could make it precisely the right size, but I don't. To be on the safe side I've made recent models about .375 inches across. This should provide a fit with just a little grab from most krolls. If it's too wide too many people have ripped them apart trying to remove the spring assembly.

There are several ways to make sure that it doesn't fall out. A small bit of aluminum foil on one side will probably be enough. You can use a little Scotch doublestick tape to hold it in, just don't cover up the spot where it contacts the gold colored spring. A drop of Elmers white when it's in place will provide a temporary fix.

stykeeryce; I don't know why it would stop the flickering. Maybe you had a weak spring that was not putting enough pressure on the threads to ensure good contact.

Jdriller; Good advice. Trim a little at a time. I'd ship them with shorter springs but some TSPs like my 2AA have needed a longer spring. YOu can't add to them.

Daniel

absoLite

Newly Enlightened

Sold out ?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif
Too late again, it seems.

coyote

Flashlight Enthusiast

two of the three springs i installed required clipping.

i would cut a 1/4" off each time. doing that two, three or four times would get me the perfect length i wanted.

wonderful product daniel!

sideshowandy

Newly Enlightened

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif Daniel! what a neat mod!

received my spring yesterday and it survived the trip across the Atlantic undamaged. installed it in my LSHF-P effortlessly, no modification required. now i can use the LSHF close up without blinding myself!

many thanks - i think that this sort of support shows the wonderful value of CPF. as your price for this mod is so low (at current exchange rates it's incredibly good value!) i will make a donation to CPF in appreciation of the great work that you and other modders carry out for the benefit of all.

sideshowandy

Newly Enlightened

the spring was taped to the instruction sheet inside a padded envelope, not sandwiched between cardboard...

hmm... sandwich

Latest posts