• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Someone please educate me

Sabrewulf

Newly Enlightened
I'm new to mcgizmo, I find that it's difficult to find one, but they are very pleasing to the eye and machining looks very well done.
What makes the value so high?
I use my lights often and tend to like the brighter flashlights, 500 and up. Also I like high CRI and medium kelvins, probably 4000 range.

Why do mcgizmo lights have such low lumen ratings? Or do they offer different brightness levels?

fulee9999

Enlightened
I imagine the same reason why any other heavy duty light has "low" lumens... durability. you can run your LEDs at 200% for 10 seconds on turbo all you want, but it will just regulate back to the same output as the other lights, there is no magic here. A "2000" lumen flashlight will have the same exact output after 10 minutes, only difference is how many times you can do that again.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Depends on your use and how fetching you want your flashlights, maybe. Resell value on McGizmo will blow most other flashlights out of the goosehonk. HDS also have typically higher resell values; another brand that does not participate in 'brighter is better'.

Personally I like having a brief blast to discern that which concerns or interests. Yet a fine flashlight is a pleasure to behold, and performs just fine. Your decision.

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm new to mcgizmo, I find that it's difficult to find one, but they are very pleasing to the eye and machining looks very well done.
What makes the value so high?
I use my lights often and tend to like the brighter flashlights, 500 and up. Also I like high CRI and medium kelvins, probably 4000 range.

Why do mcgizmo lights have such low lumen ratings? Or do they offer different brightness levels?

Heat kills an LED
The more lumens the more heat.

Its value is so high b\c it's titanium and is considered "custom"...which may or may not add value to you.

Good news -- they have a high resell value.
So you can go on Reddit and see 1,000 chinese import lights for sale at 30% of their value.
You won't find a McGizmo for sale on there...if you do it sure won't be for a large discount.

Here's a cheaper alternative: https://laulimametalcraft.bigcartel.com/product/ion-slim

Sabrewulf

Newly Enlightened
Well, I like Ti, and I like bright, because I live on a ranch and need the light to light up the property at night. Lot of coyotes, bobcats, and lions here (southern ca). I can see their eyes light up with higher lumen lights.
Most of my lights are in the 100-200 range, some Ti and 500 to 2000 lumens, which seems to do the trick.

Attachments

• 20220924_125753.jpg
    20220924_125753.jpg
    327.8 KB · Views: 110