Someone stop my LED buying spree!!!

Ninjaz7

Enlightened
I talked to your wife and she said to get those expensive flashlights out of the house(she sounded a lil mifft to me:eek:),I'll be paypaling you a substancial withdraw in the amount of $10,please contact me for a mailing address...If I remember our conversation correctly she said all,except the cute little ones she told you to buy more of.

Mark620

Enlightened
Actually you are not addicted...You have not got a proper search light...

CPFbackdiffangle.jpg

or for those with less of an addiction:

VSS1Front.jpg

gollum

Enlightened
My name is Zip and I am a Flashaholic.:eek:

It all started as a small child.
My Father had a chess game, and the white pieces glowed in the dark.
I would sneak a Rook or a few Pawns off to bed and play with them under the covers.

As my addiction grew, I started capturing and mutilating hundreds, if not thousands of Lighting bugs/Fireflies for their incandescent glow.
They may now be endangered.:shakehead

In my early teens I tried putting 2 cell bulbs in 3 cell flashlights. (You may consider this my first modification.)

Around sixteen, I ordered my first real 6 cell flashlight which boasted 1,000,000 CP.
One summer night, myself and a few buddies decided to shine it at a large low flying plane.
The plain must have turned on its landing lights or some sort of light that lit up the whole neighborhood.
Everyone immediately ran home yelling "It wasn't me".
Not me....... I just stood there with my mouth open wishing I had a light like THAT.

To Date.
This week I ordered a Dereelight DBS V2 w/ 1S Cree XR-E WC Q5; and a Wolf Eyes STORM Cree R2.

So.... Don't Stop, Don't Quit, Don't Cut Back.

Live it up!:thumbsup:

I can totally relate to this well written story....

it makes me realise I too have always had a fascination with flashlights since childhood,and gitd items.

As a kid in the late 70's I remember buying a radioshack 6 d cell monster ,but I've always wanted a better brighter edc, nowadays the technology re-ignits my passion for one of life's essential tools.

so don't fight it mate YOU'RE ALREADY GONE :laughing:

I suppose we'll all end up like Mark 620 , nice beam shots in the link too Mark

Oh I should add I too have bought about 20 flashlights in the last 4-6 weeks and my taste is starting to get expensive.... god help us all :twothumbs

john46268

Newly Enlightened
When I was 3 (I know this because we moved on my 4th birthday), my sister walked me about 6 blocks into 'town' (if you could call it that) to the only business besides the Co-Op, to buy candy. I saw a long shiny thing and asked the railroad man who ran the store/diner what it was. He pulled out a flashlight from behind the counter and told me he used it for work on the railroad and showed me the batteries in it and explained how it worked. When I saw the light come on, It was magical - I was totally hooked. I cried and cried for it, but my sister just kept telling me we didn't have enough money... I have never forgotten that day or the magic of putting power in your pocket and being able to pull it out any time and use it. To this day I still get a thrill out of my lights. Thanks for listening! :caution:

yalskey

Enlightened
I remember playing with a C or D sized maglite when I was maybe 8 or 9 and thinking, "This is the best quality flashlight in the world... police carry these". Then when I was a bit older and in the Boy Scouts, I had a 2AA minimag on camping trips and all the other kids thought it was really slick and cool. They had the red plastic 2C ever-ready junk.

I never really thought I would ever be into flashlights like I am today.

In fact, about 4 or 5 years ago, I was checking out some flashlights at China-Slave-Labor-Wally-Mart and there was this guy there who was WAY OVER THE TOP into flashlights. He started asking me about what I needed a flashlight for and all the specs, and how he buys a couple a week and gives them to his friends and family. I thought this guy was a complete and total geek and loser. I even went home and told my friends about this cat, and we laughed.

Funny thing is, I just did the same thing that one cat did to me, to someone in Costco the other day. They were looking at the Coast LED lights there, and some batteries, and I had to represent CPF guys, I just had to. He ended up leaving with the Leatherman 3AA LED and a pack of Eneloops. I know, not the greatest setup, but it was still better than a crappy Coast and a pack of Alkalines.

So now I'm the crazy geeky loser! But I can't help myself. For no practical reason what-so-ever, I love flashlights. Is that the stupidest thing ever or what? Well, heck, some people love model trains... but at least that takes some skill or so.