Sputtering 101

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
darkzero,
Many thanks for this thread!
I have just sputtered away the ringy beams in my M@G 3D and my Brinkmann 3w 2D.
VERY sweet and easy mod indeed. :thumbsup:

No problem. I'm glad it was helpful. :thumbsup:

737mech

Enlightened
Thank you darkzero for this thread! I finally managed to get some decent results. The final "wet coat" is what I was not doing. A few questions I have...

1. How far away are you holding the can when spraying?

2. I am using the stock tip on my Krylon Clear, can you be more specific on how you get that great orange peel effect? Mine are more stippled. I have been using the technique of just barely pressing down and letting it kinda spit on the reflector for a stippled look. I can't get the orange peel texture at all.

3. On the final wet coat I always seem to put to much on and it tends to pool up a bit on the bottom. If I try to put less on then its just kinda foggy and not really clear and shiny like yours. Any additional tips or advice on applying the wet coat?

4. I have never seen or shopped for any aftermarket spray tips. Can you recommend a good one and where to find them?

Thanks for your help
:twothumbs

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Thank you darkzero for this thread! I finally managed to get some decent results. The final "wet coat" is what I was not doing. A few questions I have...

1. How far away are you holding the can when spraying?

2. I am using the stock tip on my Krylon Clear, can you be more specific on how you get that great orange peel effect? Mine are more stippled. I have been using the technique of just barely pressing down and letting it kinda spit on the reflector for a stippled look. I can't get the orange peel texture at all.

3. On the final wet coat I always seem to put to much on and it tends to pool up a bit on the bottom. If I try to put less on then its just kinda foggy and not really clear and shiny like yours. Any additional tips or advice on applying the wet coat?

4. I have never seen or shopped for any aftermarket spray tips. Can you recommend a good one and where to find them?

Thanks for your help
:twothumbs

Sorry, I missed this. Did you still need some help with this? ..... PM incoming.