Steel pie pan

degarb

Flashlight Enthusiast
In aircraft engine fire suppression systems, systems that use spray on thermal protection, you've got two choices, intumescent and ablative. Intumescent coatings puff up exposed to high heat, while ablatives char the surface then slowly erode away.

The RTV560 product is very pricey and does not out-gas at temperature, provided you fully cure before hand. Rvt106 is a single part silicone and can be found at places like Krayden, Graco Supply, Aircraft Spruce and Ellisworth adhesives.

Your cheapest option is to go to Amazon and look at the turbo blankets they sell, as most are available for under $40. Otherwise, the header wrap and a retention devise, sort of like curtain rods to hold in place.

The spray on thermal coatings are losing out to thermal blankets since they don't require re-application when repairs are required. They do contain a silica type product inside faced with an embossed stainless steel foil.

Thanks. Great information.

The turbo blanket looks super thick. . I will go back to page tomorrow and get exact dimensions.

Probably borate materials are ablative, generally. . Got to find a video of the in tumescent in action.

The nickel pie pan was too heavy. I did find a steel drink box, just a little smaller than a lunchbox. It fits two headlamps, a wristlights, a Convoy, a quad spare holder, and spare cellphone. Without adding too much weight. Not a good isolation of each light from each other, so cascading failure is still a real option, until I can design a retro 2x18650 sock design for each rear battery pack. . I may need to go with a "better than nuthin" design over perfection... Future head lamp light design of mine will have a steel and dual fiberglass coated with fireproof caulk 360 around. Silica or carbonized felt. Insulated space between cells. . Original design focused solely on driver preventing short, rain proof, protected, measured, name brand cells.

Latest posts