Still content with using only my vintage LED lights from 2013!

mbw_151

Enlightened
I am quite comfortably stuck with my 120 lumen HDS HCRI, Surefire Minimus Vision and Surefire hosts with Malkoff neutral dropins. I keep looking for something better but the only thing I've added in the last couple of years is a Surefire Titan-A. I'm on the fence for a new Surefire Minimus M Vision. I want a little more run time than the old Vision, but I need to see the tint. This forum has made me very picky about tint and UI.

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great post, and interesting choices. My most-used lights are basically the same choices you use, only one generation older--a Quark AA tactical (XP-E Neutral) & Zebralight H51fw. I find that I really don't need anything else either.

degarb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a few Brinkman headlamps, Luxeon one's, lying around. I do believe that the Luxeon 1 kicked off the whole high powered LED phenomenon. I will sell those for only $100 each, or the higher bidder than $100.
Sure, now days they look like pen lights, next to my xpl v6 2s18650. But in their day, getting a whole three to 4 hours of over 700 candela off 3aaa, was a workplace breakthrough. . Now, only one, or so, wasn't converted to 3aa for a whooping 6 to 7 hour runtime. But I assure your I am measuring the output of these big box store, circa 2005, Brinkman Luxeon 1s, driven at roughly 1 watt at start, at a whole 29 lumens in a perfectly diffused relative lux ratio to any of my Fenix lights. Wait, the 29 lumen per watt Luxeon came out in 2003, you say! By 2005, Luxeon was at 40lpw! Naturally, this makes these light more of a treasure and collector item! This means Walmart was using vintage 2003 lux 1 leds in their fall 2005 lineup! Only 2.5 years behind, which is better than their normal 3 year behind schedule. I SEE BIG MONEY in these old lights!

Last edited: