Storing your collection

LauraQ

Newly Enlightened
Hi, guys:

Now that I have more than a few flashlights, I'm thinking about ways to store this collection. How are you storing your flashlights?

-- LauraQ

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Currently min are just laying around but I plan to get/build a nice wooden presentation box for my little Aleph custom collection/system.

I'm thinking of a box, like a humidor for cigars with a glass top and velvet interior like a Mont Blanc case that holds each piece separately.

Oh! Just remembered, I hold a few lights in my extra Revo sunglasses cases that I have left over. That works nice. Need something else for larger lights still.

jtice

Flashaholic
I dont really store mine, they are just sitting on a 4 shelf book shelf, which is gettin very grouded /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
I store my Highend Lights in Pelican cases with ripout padding to protect them.

doug

turbodog

Flashaholic
collection%20w1.jpg

The_virus

Enlightened
Mine are inefficiently standing head-down on the floor. Not much to look at, but they are readily available, and easy to get at. A Pelican case is a good idea, I guess it all depends on just how many, and of what size you have.

Personally I'm not too worried about presentation, none of my lights are very valuable, except as lighting tools. That's beginning to change though... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I expect a parcel today in fact...

Gander_Man

Newly Enlightened
LauraQ,
The best thing I've found for both protection AND portability is single rifle cases with eggshell foam to keep them seperated.
cpf_03.jpg

Hope this helps *S*,
- Russ
['Gander Man']

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Holy Smokes! That's a lot of nice stuff in that case /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I keep my lights scattered about, so when I need one there's always one within reaching distance. The irreplaceable ones are locked in a fireproof safe. .

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use a large fishing tackle box. 4 drawers with partitions the right size for lights, and partitioned storage for larger items on top. High end box from Sports Chalet costs about $25.

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
A discarded display case from the drug store. Two slanted shelves with 1" divisions displays a lot of lights. Might have been originally a nail polish display, where the bottles slide forward, or a colored pencil holder.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh---MY----goodness! thats at least thousand dollars in flashlights. Lucky man! Any surefires in there?

-David

Larry1582

Enlightened
Not many Surefires. Kind of expensive for me. I have a USA 6P, Gun metal 6P, 9P, G2, and Surefire Hurricane Battery Storage Case/Light. I am more into Streamlights.

The_virus

Enlightened
The Inspector Gadget action figure stole the show for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

What is that gigantic looking grey flashlight in the case on the right hand side? Looks taller than a 6D Maglite, although that could be just the angle or something.

That shoe rack (is that what it is?) is a good idea for displaying your flashlights on the wall!

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you have the new Tl-2 LED? Also, any Pelicans or longbows?

-David

Larry1582

Enlightened
The long flashlight is a 12 D L.A.Screw Products. It has four section that unscrew to adjust the number of cells you want to use.

The rack on the wall with the two cell flashlights is an old glass coke bottle rack that I picked up from a thrift store.

The rack to the right of it is some type of automotive parts rack that a neighbor was throwing in the trash.

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
yous guys are crasier than a wimin with a china cabinet , full of plates and dishes that aint good enough for immediate family to eat on, only strangers :)