Streamlight Button Top Vs. Panasonic flattop 18650?

DaveTN

Newly Enlightened
I ordered a Streamlight Protac HL5-x USB. It shows the batteries as a button top.
I'm wondering if the Panasonic NCR18650B (flattop) will work or will they not fit properly?

mcfarlie6996

Newly Enlightened
First off, this is a 2S light meaning it takes two 18650 batteries. So will the flat-top even make contact with itself? Aside from that, I did find a comment from an owner in another thread saying "It does however only work with button top 18650." and a different owner in another thread say "It will require button tops."

Let me know if you need battery recommendations.

DaveTN

Newly Enlightened
First off, this is a 2S light meaning it takes two 18650 batteries. So will the flat-top even make contact with itself? Aside from that, I did find a comment from an owner in another thread saying "It does however only work with button top 18650." and a different owner in another thread say "It will require button tops."
Thanks, that makes sense

Let me know if you need battery recommendations.
Sure, I'm going to order the Nitecore D4 charger from Amazon. I'd like to get some extra batteries also.

kicker9898

Newly Enlightened
I just got mine today, it's an awesome light with a great beam. Can't wait to get it outside tonight when it's dark.
I did notice that when I put mine on the charger to top up, I stuck a couple of older protected 18650's in and got a bright blink. I think the current draw on high tripped the protection circuit, so make sure you get high drain capable batteries.

BTW, does anyone know what emitter is in this one? Can't tell with the TIR optic.
Jason