Streamlight convert SL-20X to the newer SL-20X LED -anyone tried?

MidKnight

Newly Enlightened
seeing as the 2 models are very much alike, im wondering if the switch and lamp modules could be placed into the older SL-20X models for a cheaper way of converting/upgrade the 20X to the 20X LED

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
The sl-20X has been discontinued. The SL-20X/LED uses a sub-c battery stick (instead of a 1/2 D stick). I'd imagine replacing the switch, lamp and getting the rubber tube for the battery stick would work in a conversion.

The bodies seem identical.

-dan

Wetterman

Newly Enlightened
Here are some of the differences. I haven't took apart both of the lights switches so I can't tell if it's possible or not to convert an SL-20X to a Led model. But if you want to get rid of your SL-20X and get a LED model I guess it would be cheaper to sell your old light and buy an SL-20X-LED. The chargers are the same.

449085-big.jpg
449084-big.jpg
449082-big.jpg

MidKnight

Newly Enlightened
thanks for that info. one more question, do both models use the same battery, or are they differant batteries?

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Post #2 gives answer to battery pack types. See pictures of 20X and 20X LED batties in bodies. Note smaller diameter of Led model battery pack. Smaller diameter battery pack is subC pack, larger pack is 1/2D pack.

Bill

Wetterman

Newly Enlightened
The Sub-C battery pack is also longer than 1/2-D so the tail cap is also different in the LED model as you can see from my pics.