Streamlight Protac 1AAA

revscott

Newly Enlightened
I haven't seen much talk about this new 1AAA light. I'm not a reviewer, but I hope this helps someone evaluate this light. Here is how the Protac compares to the Microstream.

The protac is longer, the head is bigger, and the clip is just a standard one direction clip. For how I carry (front left pocket), they both carry about the same. The Protac feels better in my hand because of the extra length.

The protac switch protrudes more, and is a little easier to activate, but you have to travel a little further for constant on.

The Ten Tap programming is nice, and I use the low/high mode. The low mode does use PWM, which is easily noticeable when pointed at a ceiling fan.

The beam on the protac is cleaner than my Microstream, but more floody with less throw. According to my eyes, the protac high mode is not much brighter than the microstream. The low mode is a good, practical mode for most of my needs, but NOT a good moonlight mode.

I'm not a battery life tester, so someone else will have to do that.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good idea. Those lights don't get much attention on here. I own a Micro, but with other offerings that blow it away for around the same price its hard for me to get deep in with them. In fact, I don't know where it is in the house.

Photos would help tremendously. For those who may not own them....well you see where I am going.