• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Streamlight Protac 2AA $20 plus $7.50 shipping or pickup at local scout shop

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Thanks. That's a real nice light at a good price w/o a logo. And as a bonus it helps out the BSA!

It's $7.50 for ground if you buy 1, or 10.

I ordered 2 and total S&H was $7.50.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I gotta say I figured they'd get around to sending me these sooner or later...
Today a box arrived...a big, like 18"x18"x4" box from an unknown sender.
Wife says "what's that?"...

It was 2 Streamlight 2aa ProTac with a chunk of the back side missing to show the BoyScout Summit logo.

Recap:
Ordered late Thursday afternoon. Arrived Monday morning.
Special packaging by Streamlight.

Good Deal is an understatement.

How about GREAT DEAL?!

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well mine came in Today and while it is an OK deal it turns out that these are not the current model of this light too?

They do not have the 10 Tap feature and thus only the odd High-Strobe-Low sequence.

Not what I expected but will be handy anyway just buyer beware on these.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
It saddens me to think each time I see certain members post there is going to be something negative said.

It saddens me even more to read that I was correct in my initial thought.

These are on CLEARANCE!!! Do folks actually expect to get the current, latest greatest model for close out prices?!?!

Besides it's a fund raiser for the BOY SCOUTS!!!

Last edited:

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
It saddens me to think each time I see certain members post there is going to be something negative said.

It saddens me even more to read that I was correct in my initial thought.

These are on CLEARANCE!!! Do folks actually expect to get the current, latest greatest model for close out prices?!?!

Besides it's a fund raiser for the BOY SCOUTS!!!

Well maybe you should stick to judging yourself then?

This is my own fault for not making sure what these were before buying thats all.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Well maybe you should stick to judging yourself then?

This is my own fault for not making sure what these were before buying thats all.

So why the fuss? The op was trying to pass along a good deal on a left over fundraiser light. A $40 light for $20.

Suddenly there's a post that sounds like it's a rip off?...sad part is the pattern....yet another dark cloud observation. Frowning all the time leads to health issues.
The secret of life is dance with every woman who will and always look for the bright side.

The light is clearly described in the link.

Lack of the words 'ten tap' told me "guess what? It doesn't ten tap"...
It's a $40 light for $20.

Last edited:

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pretty much so no one else makes the same mistake that I did. I thought it might be helpful.

It never even occurred to me that these might not be current versions or even that there were other versions than current,why would it?

Anyway I like them OK for the price they just are not what I expected.

So why the fuss? The op was trying to pass along a good deal on a left over fundraiser light. A $40 light for $20.

Suddenly there's a post that sounds like it's a rip off?...sad part is the pattern....yet another dark cloud observation. Frowning all the time leads to health issues.
The secret of life is dance with every woman who will and always look for the bright side.

The light is clearly described in the link.

Lack of the words 'ten tap' told me "guess what? It doesn't ten tap"...
It's a $40 light for $20.

Last edited: