Streamlight Strion or Mod a Surefire ?

Clint

Newly Enlightened
Just after anyones thoughts on the new Streamlight Strion. I am keen to add a rechargable to my collection and the strion looks like quite a nice light! I have never owned a Streamlight before and am not sure if I should start with the Strion or just Mod one of my surefires??

Can I turn my 9P with a turbo head into a rechargable using pila's? Which lamp should I use??

Any help appriciated!

Thanks
Clint

FNG

Enlightened
I just recieved my SL Strion yesterday and I really like it. Size is similar to the Scorpion and it puts out a good amount of light. The thing that I like about it is that you can just drop it in the cradle and let it charge instead of having to take out the batteries. Never had any of the Pila batteries but lots of members like that option too. Brightness of the Strion is probably similar to your 6P with P60 (maybe a tad brighter).

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about a pic of the Strion next to the Scorpion /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Which is brighter?

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brightness are almost same maybe Strion a bit brighter and narrower beam and longer run time than Scorpion. Best of all, as FNG said easy to recharge without removing battery. That's a great rechargeable flashlight.

FNG

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Stingray said:
How about a pic of the Strion next to the Scorpion /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Which is brighter?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I sold my Scorpion long ago. The Strion is the only "real" flashlight I have now beside my UKE 2L and Arc AAA.

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Stingray said:
Which is brighter?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say the Scorpion is brighter for about the first ten minutes then the Strion wins.